Your clubrooms need you

ginty001

• 2023 Subscriptions

Folks,

A wee bit of help.

I think it's safe to say it's been a great year for the Joansin, but unfortunately the summer season is drawing to a close and it'll soon be time to turn our attention to winter training schedules and for the big children among us Cyclocross racing. But prior to all this fun, can I please make a plea to you all for a wee Saturday morning of your time to help with a general clean up of the clubrooms inside and out.

This will take the form of getting the grass cut and getting the inside prepared for a coat of paint, ie, cleaned and edges taped, etc..

I'll throw out October 8th as an initial date, so please check your calendars and post if you're avaiable, the more the merrier, many hands make light work and all that :grin:

A wee bit of help.

Cheers Ian......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ian,

What time on Saturday? My preference would be first thing or straight after lunch, but will leave up to you.

Also, do we need to bring anything?

Cheers,

R

P.S. - meant to say that both Elaine and I will be there.

• 2023 Subscriptions

How's 9am for Saturday ?

I'll take a pop over to the clubrooms and post if we need folks to bring anything, I'm assuming we still have the pertrol strimmer (KennyS ??) I dont remember seeing it last time i was over..

Keep an eye on this thread for updates...

Cheers

Ian

• 2023 Subscriptions

Okay troops and troopettes,

So far it looks we have got the following bods ,

Me, IainC, Fereneze John, Darryl, George (Foreman) Donnelly, Greg, Charlie, Mark, Ramsay, DavidT, and possibly Paul McD and Kay..

Hopefully Saturday morning should go something like this :-

9am meet at clubrooms.

Plan of action for Saturday would be along these lines :-

2-4 people outside trying to do something with the grass, not going to be easy given it's soaking (weather permitting)

The rest inside, sweeping, mopping, cleaning nooks and crannies, masking taping, removing blinds, blacking out windows, possibly poly filling, clearing kit into contanier, etc, getting ready for day 2 (painting).

I'll pick up bin bags, cloths, masking tape, etc...

If anyone has a petrol strimmer and or hedge trimmer that would be a great help, i'll bring a couple of rakes. Also the more brushes and mops we have the better, so feel

free to bring what you can in that respect.

Feel free to make suggestions if you think ive missed anything out.... :eureka

See you Saturday

Ian....... :lol: