SA SAt 1st July

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm in shock, on the boat after a single single. Got a bit emosh in last few miles as not being a TT person at all I honestly did not think I could do it. Wind was straight westerly which was cross wind up west coast and a bit unhelpful but hey ho. Happiest man in world right now. 😂ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ The way my legs feel I think I'll take up chess till track league starts 😳

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks all. For anyone who wants to do any of the 4 official challenges I would be more than happy to help. Experience is truly the best teacher and I have to say that any of these challenges now hold much less trepidation for me. In particular there are quite a few who could do the mythical DA as long as it is sensibly paced, and of course more who could do the SA as long as one dosn't blow a gasket in first 20 miles, bottom line is you can do the DA more effectively by riding within yourself for the first 5 hours then it's just disengage brain time!

For those with a particular interest in data ie data geeks :) my time today was approx 7% slower than my fastest time set with a group of 5. That in itself is quite interesting I thought the gap would be a bigger. Of course it is faster in a group but not as much as you would think. Regrouping after the many sharp bends, short waits at hilltops as not everyone climbs at exact same pace, occasional easing on flat to keep group together etc obviously has an impact. On your own there is none of this but I have to admit getting a bit demoralised today riding up the west coast in particular when I was only doing about 24-25mph when I have so many clear memories of doing 28-29mph on this section. The only thing that kept me going was the thought that I did not have the tailwind we normally have so it would be slower, and that it might mean a slightly easier run in down the east coast. Also just a personal thing but I love the camaraderie of a team doing it.

DA forever. August 2017 next mark on the totem pole.

:)