La Sufrida Escocia 4th June

• 2024 Subscriptions

Well, La Sufrida has ramps of 22% and more but with much much longer climbs. The Fred has some corners at 33%, but they are very short lived. I expect La Sufrida to be much harder than the Fred. Perhaps the hardest thing I've done. We were discussing today whether you could get the 5000+ metres of climbing in a normal run around here. It's unlikely. Maybe if you spent 12 hours going up and down the Clune... or something. Now that would be torture.

Not to mention sunburn, and that awful sweat / suntan lotion combo running into your eyes.

Although I can't wait for some warm weather cycling. I've seen the La Suffrida Wall climb peaks at 25%, though the 14km average 6% gradient climb with max gradient of 6% sounds like an hour long torture session...

I think its a great idea to replicate this here. Just no idea where you can get the same climbing in the central belt. Ayrshire Alps perhaps?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Same day as the Scottish 25. I guess I could do that and then join you somewhere on the route. >_<

Amaretto's would be favourite.

I was doing a wee hill route today (the torturous head wind up Gleddoch made it all the more fun...) and have sussed something that can equal La Sufrida both in distance and climbing.

Start at the West Glen side of Netherton. Apply suntan lotion. (Optional). Up Netherton climb and descend all the way into Langbank, up Station Road and continue up Gleddoch climb. At top turn left into Gallahill Road and climb to the pylon. Descend back to start of Netherton climb.

Repeat for a total of 24 times. 120 miles, 5,400m climbing. Plus allow 15 miles return cycle to the start gives you La Sufrida! Make it interesting by having a glass of either sangria or mateus every 5th lap.