Chain gang 28/4 depart 6.10

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

My wee health issue is still hindering me but I will be totally honest and say I have just looked out the window and thought, health issue or not, sack that.

Do I get a point and a half for honesty?

The sun will shine on DA day

:)

Good run in epic conditions. Thunder, lightning, snow, hail, rain, strong winds and, well it wasn't too bad actually. A bit damp and cold.

Got to the bus stop only to find Mr Esus ready and up for it. Decent pace throughout. Nice sharing of points (no fixing, just good tactics). I took the Clune and the Intermediate, but was dieing after that so Ross took the finsl sprint. (I sould say aided by my mechanical, but thats just an excuse.

So tally for Iain's magic spreadsheet:

Name. Alex. Ross

Appear. 1. 1

Clune. 3. 2

Inter. 2. 1

Final. 0. 6. (Dead bike for me)

Total. 6. 10

Seen an opportunity tonight for some points, so got to the Bus stop nice and early!

Alex arrived at 6:09 and we were off!

A quick chat along the Georgetown and the points were sorted for the night, I mean we agreed to compete fairly for each point!

Things looked bad when just before the Alp D'Bisoptoun we were passed by a gritter with a snowplough on it!

Good honest paced 2-up along Westferry, then Alex just piped me at the top of the Clune!!

Down into bridge of Weir and Alex again just piped me at the Inter sprint after which his free hub died and he peeled off home at the roundabout!

So tempting to cycle the 1/2 mile home but as a dying promise to Alex's backwheel I rule #5'd it up and back down the Gtown!!

Surely there is a bonus point for being the only finisher?!?!?!?

That's two memebers of JWCC hardman section anyone else want to join?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Before the thursday night world championship started i was persuaded not to have the Jens Voigt bonus points and keep the scoring simple. So all you get is strava kudos and the eternal glory of having a solo breakaway sticking going down the Georgetown (which i think this can count as). It's a very exclusive club, only the best of the best are in it  :icon_hee-haw