The Angry Wasp ( aka the sewing bee)

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Run up over the bowfeild starts steady up over the braes , picks up speed on way to stewarton two 30 sprints if you want then survival of the skinniest up the climbs at the dams re group White House and return as group neilston Dalek climb home

Good training ride

Distance is approximately 20 - 25 miles from Morrisons to regroup. Started out as a very civilised evening for non tester/racing types until it was hijacked by them pesky Tuesday evening boggers kids, when they found out the scenery was superior to the westferry and the quality of the founding company and the conversation better still.

A training race ride type thingy describes it well now.

You'll probably need lights for the first couple of runs to get home.

No points system applicable

M

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, wouldn't be out this week certainly but would you be willing to take a newcomer at some point in the next few weeks or is this a bit brutal for me? I'm trying to get out with the 30 milers but doing this and the confined events on a tuesday night would be ideal for me as tuesday is one of the rare nights the mrs doesn't work.

I've done 30 milers a good few times but only around 1500ft of climbing. I've taken the route off the strava link to try it myself, if anybody has one that starts and finishes in Johnstone I'd appreciate a link to it.

Don't mind if I get dropped would be nice if there's another fat smoker like myself to baby me through but quite happy even if I only make 10 or 20 miles clinging on as I'll get fitter doing it

Hi Chris, this one starts at the traffic lights at Morrisons in Johnstone. Finishes near Spateston in Johnstone where a variety of folk make their separate way home from there.

Reasonable bunch pace and then a bit of a habble up the climb from Stewarton, before regroup at top and recovery(ish) bunch pace home.

Cheers Alex, I've not really got my climbing legs at the moment as I'm practising for time trials. I'll try out the route a couple of times over the next few weeks then come see how long I can hold on for. Knowing what's coming with hills would make it a lot less daunting. Was always out on a Tuesday last year so getting out to do this on a tuesday amongst the confined events should bring me on a bit 

No doubt pass a few of you heading down the cycle track to get there tonight, nice easy zone 3 for me tonight but you guys enjoy I'm told the roads are dryish  :-P