50 TT Fife

Guest EPCC

• 3 weeks later...

Well quick report what a day 0630 rise 90 min drive and got to the start no time for a warm up so straight into the TT

The start was fantastic downhill I was thinking brilliant this will be fast then a left turn into the Fife countryside and a headwind so pain and suffering for 10 miles the turn back the way we came fantastic tail wind 30 plus feeling great another roundabout about 30 and turn into headwind brought me back down to earth 18 mph and about ten miles latter disaster crank came off got it back on the it came off again DNF shame might have got around my target time

• 2023 Subscriptions

No luck Billy. You need to bin that chainset, methinks.

I was up at 4:30am for a drive to the start in Freuchie!

Have to say it really is a lovely course but certainly not conducive (to me) for a fast time. It's very rolling & there were some hard headwind stretches although I felt so good for the first 8 miles that I never noticed the headwind.

Of course it wouldn't be right if I didn't have a wee mishap-at 8 miles my aero super sleek water bottle bounced out of its cage & into my computer sensor which in turn jammed into my wheel. Thump Thump Thump-I had to stop & pull the sensor into place. The bottle was never seen again. From talking to Mike at the finish he had the same problem.

I had to rush off at the finish so don't know my exact time but I clocked a 2:12:58 on my Garmin so it'd likely be about that. My target was 2:10 so maybe I'd be in the ballpark on a faster course without bits falling off. I did the last 25 miles in 1:00:40 so finished strong despite the brutal headwind.

Jan

They don't look that bad but that's twice it's happened so must be working loose

Bike has had a bit of use sitting in turbo so might have to either get shot of it or keep an eye on it