Pearl Izumi tour series support race

• 2023 Subscriptions

Unfortunately not the most convenient of times starting @ 3.30 pm on a Tuesday however the support race for the tour series in Motherwell on  26 May is open for entry

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/131839/Pearl-Izumi-Tour-Series-Support-Events#entry

Have entered but not sure if i will be able to make it until on the day.

The main race (and the other rounds in the series) will be on itv4, this is the tv schedule

Friday 15 May Ryde, Isle of Wight – ITV4, 8pm
Wednesday 20 May Redditch – ITV4, 8pm
Monday 25 May Aberystwyth – ITV4, 9pm
Wednesday 27 May Motherwell – ITV4, 10.15pm
Friday 29 May Durham – ITV4, 9pm
Sunday 31 May Barrow – ITV4, 9pm
Wednesday 3 June Croydon – ITV4, 10pm
Friday 5 June Canary Wharf – ITV4, 10pm
Wednesday 10 June Peterborough – ITV4, 8pm
Friday 12 June Bath – ITV4, 8pm

• Administrators

Still not heard. Greg got start also, u think this means I'm a no? Got stag do tonight and title party tomorrow. Would like to know how much party I can party 😉

There is a list of entrants on BC, I didn't see your name.

• 2023 Subscriptions

For what it's worth here is some advice !

I'm sure I don't need to mention this but as Jan will have seen at Ingliston it's more important in these races than any other to be in the front of the bunch. It will likely be a single line from the gun for at least the first 20 mins and there will be a mixture of ability with gaps forming pretty early doors. Get as close to the front for the start as you can and its worth expending energy to fight and hold your place in the line. Ideal spot being around P8-10. And of course a very thorough warm up. It might help to mentally rehearse the burning pain that you are likely to encounter and just accept it is part of the race and worth it to be there at the final. It's amazing how many times when you think you are about to blow that if you hang in just another 30secs it suddenly eases for a bit.

You are both well capable of being there at the death so ride hard and best of luck,

:)

Good luck guys.

I hope to be along in the afternoon

Jess and Lusia are both in the Youth Race but Lusia also in the Women's race after getting her dispensation to ride up with the Seniors

Just back from the 3 day / 4 Stage North West Youth Tour so final decision tomorrow on one or two races but looks likely she'll only ride the Women's Race

KennyS

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was tough, tried to follow Pauls advice however the course was very hard to move up on (plus there were alot of riders better than me so that made it difficult too!)

Basically a short square route - relatively flat bit after the start with a chicane into a headwind then a fast downhill with a tight left corner corner then a straight bit then another tight corner and the finish straight which was an uphill drag. Was on the wrongside of a puncture at the bottom of the downhill section after a few laps and couldnt bridge the gap that resulted. Worked together with some others for a bit, got lapped by a lead group jumped on the back of the group then got dropped again. I was lapped again by the lead 2 who had broken away. So a pretty awful performance although looking at the results now i think i've made it worse by making an arse of things late on - i thought the race was over (as has been the case with lapped riders in Ingliston when it gets to the finale) so i took it easy and just spun away when i still had a lap to race.

Chapeau to the Jets and Wheelers in the womens race, Jess and Emma with 7th and 8th and Lusia taking an excellent 3rd place. Well done!

Not much to report other than crits are not for me 😕 though I think this was a particularly tough one for my 1st. a decent warm up and better bike skills in the corners would make a difference and miby some track experience but unfortunately I lacked all of these. Well done to the jets, showing us how it's done 😉