Ingliston 2015

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

report from the first race: pumped A wee bit of help.

Slightly longer. Got held up in traffic so by the time i'd signed in i didnt have time for a proper warm up. Fast early on and i was feeling awful but still hanging on in the front bunch until after the prime lap, i didnt go for that as i was struggling but the increase in pace had me off the back then into the headwind...gap grew to 10 metres...then 20. Pegged it at that for a bit but then it started going out again and i had to ease off.  An ERC rider came round and we worked together for the rest of the race...he was doing most of the work, i contributed what i could but not much.  There was the front group (im not sure how many were in it - maybe about 12-15) then there were us 2 and then another fairly large group who were lapped by the front group and we were catching them too so thats not too bad. Then some other stragglers. So not great but hopefully can improve in the coming weeks.

wheelsucked the whole of the last lap then shamelessly came round to take the sprint. I did apologise afterwards!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Week 2: Physically felt much more comfortable this week - i was in the lead group to the finish,  but despite that my overall placing will be worse than last week. Was feeling good, moving up on the last lap but was forced on to the grass with about half a lap to go and lost ground which i couldnt make up in time for the sprint and too many people to get past to get in the points.

I've raced alot in the last 2 or 3 years - mostly track league but also a fair number of crits now and some road races - and tonight was the worst riding ive  experienced over that time. Throughout  there were lots of bumps and guys not holding their line, diving up the inside of the corners then drifting all over the place. Was just sheer luck that there were no crashes.

Of course moaning about crappy riding probably just sounds like an excuse for not doing better in the sprint :D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Week 3: After last weeks bombscare the riding was much better tonight. Made a harder effort to stay out of trouble, so that meant more riding at the front, although a couple of lapses in concentration had me at the back too as usual. Felt reasonable throughout and with 3 laps to go found myself on the front and ended up leading the bunch for a lap. Not ideal with a strong headwind on the back straight but i wasnt exactly going hard more just waiting for an attack which someone went for with 2 to go, i followed and aftera bit looked back to see what was happening and we had a gap of maybe 10 metres...&*%$ going to have to commit to this now, but i committed a bit much and over cooked the 180 degree corner and went onto the grass (i guess that makes me the chopper this week!), eventually get on to the guys wheel again and another couple of riders have come across, we still have a gap i come to the front to try and drive the pace but no-one else comes through and we get caught and swamped with half lap to go, recover a bit then sprint, probably about 12 back at this point, manage to make up a few places in the sprint to finish 6th or 7th. 

Anyway really enjoyed tonight, all the bad stuff from last week is forgotten!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Things didnt start off great tonight  - While rushing to clip in at the start i somehow clipped into the wrong side of the pedal then had difficulty getting my foot back out. By the time i got going properly i was way off the back, it was windy too with a headwind on back of the circuit so took the best part of 10 minutes to rejoin the lead bunch. After that i just followed wheels for the rest of the race, last lap moved up but got pushed wide as the sprint opened up coming out the last corner so had to brake (and as Cipo said "if you brake you don't win")....managed to make up some lost ground and (i think) i was 6th again.

Anyway that was the last in the series, just when most riders have finally got the hang of riding the circuit. Some areas down south have racing weekly (even twice weekly in the summer)  all year on purpose built circuits and it's definitely something we are missing out on up here. Hopefully the Linwood plans go ahead because it would help rider development so much IMO. Plus from a selfish point of view it would be so much easier to get to than Edinburgh!