Thursday night chain gang 2 April

• 2023 Subscriptions

I hope i'm not jumping the gun here but Charlie mentioned in another thread that he was on holiday so i thought i'd post up in his absence.

Anyway clocks have changed so it's that time of year again.

6pm start for the first couple of weeks - it could be getting dark towards the end so lights advisable for the trip home.

For those who havent been a part of the Thursday fun before - basically the group meet at the bus stop on the Georgetown road near the Crosslee-Houston roundabout. We then follow this route: https://www.strava.com/routes/2016619. Steady along the Georgetown road then through Bishopton with the pace increasing down to and along the West Ferry, every man or woman for themselves up the Clune then back as a group through Kilmacolm and Bridge of Weir to the Georgetown road with a habble to the finish.

It's a training ride rather than a social club run so if you get dropped or have a puncture or mechanical then you are on your own. There is however a regrouping at the top of the Clune Brae (there is also a shortcut to miss out part of the Clune climb this route is https://www.strava.com/routes/2016627).If you get dropped then don't be put off, just come back the next week and try to hang on for a little bit longer - it is great way to bring on your fitness as well as measure the improvements being made.

If you've been out on club runs before but not experienced a chain gang before then this video helps explain how to ride through and off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWEoBFkwsc0

So who is in?

I'm in... as Iain says if you're new to this and get dropped don't be put off. Last year it took me ages to get round without being dropped, and if you do make it round Iain's wheel is a great one to get for the final sprint.. winter miles have been done, now it's eye balls out. Can't wait 😆

Felt good tonight but as I know only to well it comes and goes. My strava didn't record my run. Gutted as I really went for it on the Clune and now feels like it was for nothing.(it's not the same not having Archibald to chase) Mark i think someone beat you to it, My Handicap tonight was the most annoying click coming from my frame. Panicking that it's something bad 😕

• 2023 Subscriptions

Never occurred to me the JWCC would be out last Thursday. Hope to join you next week. I'll show Alan how to climb the Clune and he can show me how to out-sprint the two McDonald's. And Colin McPhee can show us both how he goes so fast on 125 watts. Must be a faulty power meter / electric bike / superb supplesse.