Renfrew Winter Bunch

P McDonald

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was a banger. Usual etiquette of last man standing applying after Largs and after New Year was blown away in wind today. The adrenalin rush from being able to get out seemed to affect quite a few bods! Started with about 16, 2 or 3 left before Gourock, same again turned off at Cloch. Then from Inverkip it was last man standing. Regroup at Largs was very brief as it all kicked off again. 2nd regroup at W Kilbride hill seemed a moot point as the hammer was mashed again after a mile. I eventually got pumped at Greenacres with Iain A, Gregg and Alan horsing on into Howwood.

Chapeau to those who rode up the coast in that wind.

Sometimes getting a right doin on the bike is good and today was one of those for me. Loved it.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Got such a kicking could not hold on to wheel on west Kilbride road. Prepared myself for solo effort so imagine my dismay when both Ian Archibald and Gregg Omalley come back down west Kilbride hill for me. I could have cried. Paul towed me for a while then Archivald went to front and game over for me. To cap it all got puncture on Barrmill road but at least got a tail wind in to Howwood.

Well done Iam Greg Alan Paul & Colin. Tough boys

Feel very broken today

Couldn't agree more with Paul's report don't know what was up with me today but had great difficulty holding on to wheels in the wind today. Hopefully better to come now that holidays are here ! Legs blew finally on the wee bit after gate side turning left towards green acres but a good humping never did anyone any harm !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good fun today folks and great report by Paul. Good to see Archiebald practicing his race strategy for the new season. Turned off at Largs Haylie Brae intent on catching a southerly to Lochwinnoch. Met a certain Mr O'Neil at the bottom of the Haylie.

• Committee

Well done guys. I'll only have two rides under my belt before Jan so the Auchentiber Road out of Kilwinning is really going to hurt. Looking forward to it.

Is there any appetite for a boxing day short blast before the rellies appear? Coast to Cloch Point, left at Inverkip rounabout, up to Loch Thom then back along top of Greenock, Port Glasgow, conveniently passing my house about 12?

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

So compact bunch of 10 worked very well and after 75 miles I had average 20mph. Chapeau to the 6 JWCC within that mini peleton. Got a bit grippy for me up the dreaded drag and on the run in but grand to see so many digging deep.

Interestingly, for me anyway, that average is just what is required for the Arran x 2. And of course it included lots of traffic lights, roundabouts etc. which are not on Arran. However the route is flat round the coast unlike Arran. On the plus side we spent most of the day with 2 bodies in the wind which would not be done on Arran. So, the plot thickens but I believe the double is doable !

#goodworkJWCC

#teamdoublecomingtogether