Sunday 25

Guest EPCC

Guest EPCC

How about a run into deepest darkest Ayrshire

Thinking of the wonderful transmitter hill

0900 depart miller street

I can't make it helping out with the youths at the track enjoy

I have never actually competed the Transmitter Hill route. Have done parts of it but not it all, therefore I don't know the route. I'm up for a grand tour of Ayrshire but was thinking of heading for Galston (usual route) then onto Mauchline and then on towards Ayr/Monkton taking in the delights of South Ayrshire village life. Cafe stop in Troon would seem sensible, with the return to Johnstone via Dundonald, Stewarton and the top half of the Barrmill Circuit (or by the most direct route if people are time constrained).

A bit of a meander and no idea of the total mileage but rolling roads with no significant climbs once over the Bowfield. 09.00 depart as per Billy's post.............bring yir banjos!

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'll be out, but only for part of the route. Haven't decided which part, but I need to be home for about 12-ish, or 1 at the outside.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ended up tagging along with the intermediates from the crossroads as far as Kilwinning, then turned for home via Dalry, Kilbirnie and Lochwinnoch. 50 miles all in, and my legs are feeling this weeks total miles and the TTs. Thanks for the company.

Legs tired after all that climbing. Need another gear but like Charlie I did enjoy it.

I'll second bringing on the summer. A few dry weekends would be nice and ditching the incessant breeze would win votes.

MacB it was noted that you posted for a lumpy run then didn't actually do it. Something wrong there

Guest EPCC

Skinny

Was asked to assist by the WOSCA youth development officer

Who I am scared of so had to do it otherwise I would have loved to be blowing out my on transmitter hill