Saturday 22nd March - Langbank Hilly TT #1

Big Al

10:00am Langbank 10 miles

Could we have a show of hands please for Saturday, also if somebody would like to take their turn of timekeeping then please make yourself known.

The start is in Langbank, just along from The Wheelhouse restaurant. The course runs up the B789 all the way to the roundabout at Houston, where you turn and re-trace most of the way back to Langbank. The end of the course cuts off before the last steep sections and finishes at the entrance to Gleddoch Country Club.

A slightly undulating course, reasonably quiet road for those keen to do their first TT, open to those who intend to join the club or are already a member. Relaxed and friendly event (might hurt a little in places though) :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Pulling an on call week again, so I can come along and do some shoving off. Can't do timekeeping in case I get called away though, and taking part would be problematic, quite apart from both road going bikes being unwell. :(

8 riders in fine dry conditions this morning. In best lifeboat tradition:

Women:

1. Karen 37:15

2. Mary 39:08

3. Carol 39:34

Form much the same as last week's Restricted Gear event and another fine win for Karen, maintaining her 100% record :icon_hee-haw

Men:

1. Iain Couttie 27:47

2. Davie B 30:45

3 George 31:54

Other times:

Graham 33:02

David 36:23

Well done to all, particularly the two clear winners Karen & Iain. Thanks to Alan T and Billy for haudin'up and encouragement! Good to see Davie B out and giving it plenty!

£21 receipts to club - Billy ran away with the loot!

Iain

Iain and Alan thanks for timekeeping and shoving off and Billy for general encouragement and cheer leading.

Was a bit of an ad-hoc decision to ride and tbh I would have taken a less hilly and slower paced route to Langbank if I had a firm plan to take part but when I saw big George on his std road bike the decision was made :)

The effort certainly made the hilly route back home interesting Phils Folly being a particular joy.

Anymore and I might have to consider getting one of those funny looking bikes.

Well done all for taking part.

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Iain for timekeeping, and to Alan and Billy for the start and encouragement.

It was a good route, overall a better surface than I'm used to riding on, even a bit of sunshine. It's a pity there wasn't a bigger turnout.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyed today's ride, felt a bit of a plonker on a tt bike, a bit like taking a gun to a knife fight!

Thanks to hoders and pushers and to iain for time keeping.

Davey, get a tt bike speed is good.

Iain

Ps of to mount tidei see you in France billy, a bit of altatude training,EAT MY DUST.

Pps

Only the pre holiday wine speaking

Ppps Iainl