Reliability 4 - The Wallplanner Run

Guest J. Udas

Guest Ross Toole

Before Billy posts the specifics....

Greg and his wall planner have indicated that this run is after the club dance. So lets all carry on the party atmosphere and make the last reliability a good one!

On a more serious note anyone who has ever mentioned wall planner, Greg, Sunday is after Saturday etc etc in a derogatory manner MUST ATTEND!!!! (Greg will be taking a roll call)

As one of the main contributors to the wall planner bashing, I will be there with bells on!

See you all on Saturday night (the night before Sunday's reliability run)

Ross

post-3318-0-78135600-1361217568_thumb.jpg

i probably speake for a lot of guys, what IS a wall planner?

Just a fancy calendar innit. Stickers and stuff.

If you're unaware, it stems from this comment by young Greg....

"Hi all, a quick glance at my wall planner revealed that the JWCC presentation evening is the night before the 4th reliability, west kilbride! I was wondering if there would be any objections to suggesting a date change, have the ride on the saturday, so we can all enjoy a good cycle followed by a night celebrating our club?...wouldn't want to be nursing a hangover on the coast road now would we? "

Greg

Ridiculous I know!!! :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

i probably speake for a lot of guys, what IS a wall planner?

Good question Ian! I'm going to have a go at answering.

"Wallplanner", from the English "wall-planner" meaning "wall planner" derived from the Latin "wallus plannus". This popular Victorian passtime provided an excellent opportunity for victorians to travel around, usually "by cycle" (later to become known as "bicycle") generally planning walls and stuff. Hence the sport of bicycling was born, later to be known as cycling. The pass time became less popular following a rather excessively enthusiastic russian cycling group who following a trip to eastern germany established a Berlin based wall planning group who created a highly controversial and ultimately divisive exhibition piece in the early 1950's. This now minority hobby is usually limited to private dwelling places and some offices and usually involves checking internal walls for any plans for cycling or "by cycling" for those of a more traditional orientation. I hope this helps? Any questions, Wikipedia is a great source, as well as the Museum of Wall Planning

Andy