RELIABILITY 2 MOSCOW REVOLUTION 12 FEB

Guest EPCC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not going to make it afterall! :cry::angryfire:angryfire

Will try again next week, although as the month goes on, the chances of me being able to do the distance diminishes! Not touched a bike for yet another two week! :rockets

Enjoy tomorrow. Hope the ice stays away.

Cheers,

R

• 2024 Subscriptions
Remember fast bunch should be leaving at 1000 not 0945.

Hello, beer !!

David

Eh? Sez who? It was 9.45 last week. What's the reason for the change? We didn't catch anyone last week and the time gap was 15 mins over a longer distance. I don't recall anyone complaining about the start time.

Oh ya dancer !

• Committee

Left with 0930 bunch. Had TWO punctures at Greenacres. Waited for fast group but they all took another route to Lugton and missed me.

I got as far as Fenwick solo and had to stop because I can't remember the route after that.

That's the THIRD year running I've waited for a bunch at the M77 underpass due to a mechanical/flat.

I have been to Georgia and California but I've never been to Moscow on a reliability run.

Alan

• 2024 Subscriptions

Another good run today. Thanks to the 10am group. Also a big thanks to Jan for opening up and making some lovely soup. There is still some I'm the fridge from last week courtesy of Andy. It's in cartons, so should be ok to supplement next week's refreshments.

See y'all next Sunday. Oh ya dancer !

Big thanks to Jann for the lovely warm soup at the end

Can i just say well done the 30 milers aka the 09.00 bunch for not getting caught by any of the faster groups sorry i bailed out early but my legs were done in well done Carol and Dave for going that little bit more than i did but from what i hear you had Mary and Elaine to thank for towing the bunch back home also well done to the 2 newbies as for Martin S yer card is marked no more hills well maby just a couple pmsl and to big Lindsay good to see you back on the bike im off for a kip now , dreading to see the pics that Mr Howard took on the bowfield hill Hello, beer !!

Greig Ya-a-aawwnnnYa-a-aawwnnn

Absolutely scunnered.

The 10am group took off in single pace line formation, which was fine, until we got to Bowfield and the pace didn't seem to

slow any.

From there I was in the red and then the lights went out (just as the fog came in) :-(

Got lost in Ayrshire and I'm sure I ended up on the set of "The Scheme" in Kilmarnock.

Took a circuitous route home through Lugton & Barrmill and up the track.

I have been training and have lost a wee bit of weight so dunno what to blame other than a lack of natural ability.

Maybe that sums it up.

I'm just going to have to hammer it this week in an attempt to get back up to par.

Whatever happened to Hincapie? It's  Bugs Bunny !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes a fine run today - apologies for being anti social afterwards but I had pressing duties with daughter just out of hospital.

George, I'm sure you just need a rest - take it easy for this week and you'll be back stronger.

Davie - there were a few sore legs about today after the bogs bunch, rest up for a day or two - it'll be worth it - chapeau for having a go both days.

Oh ya dancer !

Fantastic run this morning, nice to get off the flat and into them thar hills. Haven't seen the Ayrshire countryside looking so resplendant for a long time!!!!!!!! A right good pace on from the get go for the 10.00 bunch and my legs are feeling it now. Vote of thanks to masterchef Jan for the soup, just what was needed. Oh ya dancer ! Good to see some strangers back in the fold.

Hincapie, hills hurt and never get easier just faster! Only advice I can give you is find a smaller gear and spin faster rather than grind up them. Might just have been one of those days it just doesn't work. Take PMcD advice too, ease off this week and get some quality recovery in. No worries though, next week is back to the flat for the most part with only Sinclair Street and the run in from Langbank going up hill. Natural territory for those rarest of species, the greater spotted Donnelly and lesser cranked MacBagel.

More of the same next week.

M

thanks for the kind words, guys.

My analyst said not to dwell on it & my therapist agrees.

I just have to regroup (if it's possible to regroup with yourself) then lose twice my bodyweight.

Simples.

George

Even if you lost three times your body weight you will still be crap on the hills but Sinclair street is right up your street as its big gear grinding

Big George Hincapie will love it