Tuesday 24th May Westferry Frank Lauder Club 10 Championship

Kenny Christie

Kenny C,

Do the 10 on Tuesday.

Trust me, very often your times on the second day are quicker for having done a hard effort the day before.

Besides, you are in with more than a fighting chance of a medal if you ride the club 10.

Colin Hello, beer !!

Guest Jim Daly

I'm up for this.

Just finished preparing my Track bike and now fear 46mph gusts will make it somewhat redundant.

Kenny, your 25 time will definitely be faster, if you ride the club 10.

Jim

Guest Jim Daly

Thanks Kenny and Willie for facilitating the Championship.

You were right enough, Kenny. The wind died down quite a bit. Only 37mph gusts on the way out. :shock:

Jim

• 2023 Subscriptions
Who won?

I wasn't even brave enough to out last night around Islay, as I could hardly stand in Bowmore high street!

Hello, beer !! Ah yes. Chust so. If only Para Handy had told you that drinking with Islay folk can be a terrible dangerous thing to do.

Well done to Jim, Kenny C, and to Mike and James for thier joint 3rd. Infact, seriously well done to everyone, Courage in the face of adversity!

I was happy to see you all made it back in one peice considering the wild conditions last night. Brian Hanrahan reporting in the Falklands war comes to mind, - "I counted seven riders going out, and seven riders came back"

Ben.

Thanks indeed to Kenny S and Willie for helping out on a pretty horrible night!

Congratulations to Jim who won with, I think, 24 something and the others in podium places - Kenny Christie in 2nd from James McD and Mike tied for 3rd.

Commisserations to Ben who punctured just after the start - really unlucky and Ian McG who suffered a visual malfunction not unrelated to the precipitation!

Well done too to Greig on completing his first 10TT in "interesting" conditions and therby recording the only PB of the night!

Iain