Peesweep APR Thursday

Guest EPCC

Not 100% but hoping I will be able to make it, like Ben have no idea where circuit starts so can someone post some details as I am unlikely to be going via club rooms.

Also no expert on this but unless the numbers are boosted a bit APR looks unlikely so fall back position may be one group doing a bit of pace work - pace line, through and off etc - I'll obviously be at the back :-P

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'll come out for a bit of a ride around, but will not be fully participating, as I am racing twice this weekend.

Circuit starts at the Peesweep Scout Camp (Lapwing Lodge?) on the B775 Gleniffer Road, up the top of the Braes. No good at map things, so just Google it. (It's at the Glenffer Braes side of the big "S/Z" bend on that road, which is otherwise fairly straight). Only about 20mins (?) ride from Johnstone.

I'm up for this. DavieB / Ben I was advised the start is somewhere near or at the Lapwing Lodge on the Glennifer Braes Road. Heading there straight from work (Charing Cross area) about 5.30 - 5.45 ish, room for 1 body and bike in car. Bikes in the boot sorry no rack/carrier.

M

Went round the course today a fair bit of grit on the corners I might of went the wrong way it is left right left right left if it is the last bit of road before the main road is a bit rough

For those who don't know it, this is the route:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2545656

The start is at Lapwing Lodge which is where you see the green blob on the map.

When we did this in 2009/2010 we used to do 3 full laps and then finish about a mile past Lapwing Lodge on Gleniffer Rd (B775). As far as I remember the actual finish line was at the point where an unclassified road goes off to the right.

Word of warning - look out for gravel on the left turn at the bottom of the descent on Fereneze Rd (6,5km) - from what I remember the gravel collects in the most awkward place, right in the middle of the corner, and you may be going like the Clappers at this point.

Forgot to say - I am coming along, will be in group 1 (slow group).

I will be riding out from Kilbarchan. In case anyone wants to meet up, I should be passing through Milliken Park roundabout (on Beith Rd) around 1815, and then heading up Auchengreoch Rd.

The weather forecast looks excellent, look forward to seeing everybody Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys,

I'm afraid I can't make it tonight. I was meant to be getting a car to take home tonight, but it's not available until tomorrow, so now having to cycle home. I can't make it from work in time to ride home, get something to eat and make it to peesweep. Should hopefully make next week though.

Have a good spin. Should be a lovely night.

Cheers

R

• 2024 Subscriptions

Thanks to all 15 who took part in the APR tonight. Good to see Rick out as well. I think we all had a good workout - I know I did trying to stay with Mark, Ben and Mat.

Let's make it a regular Thursday t :rockets hing, at least for a few weeks. It might be a good idea if future posts were under ' confined events'; some might not look under 'clubruns'.

Darryl