Long run Sunday 30

Guest EPCC

• Life Members

Mark,

You could maybe drive down to Bishopton to park car and join the bunch at the bridge, which is what I think will be doing. Then do the route and pick car up again when coming back from Gourock ferry, that should still give you about 70ish miles. This would still be a good work-out for this time of year.

Cheers

Chung

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Subscriptions
Really enjoyed the run last week hope to make this one. Does anyone know if it will include the climbs around Loch Tarsan - if so it may be a bridge too far for me at the moment

Colin ;-)

Looks like a straight run from Strachur to Hunter's Quay via Loch Eck, rather than the longer route over Glendaruel.

Long enough for January! :shock:

Guys,

May I suggest that we all have a front and rear light with us for this run. If I' am right and we reach the ferry around 1500 by the time we get over the water darkness could be an issue on the way home (especially for those Lochwinnoch/Glengarnock bound).

Of course timings are all dependant on a lack of mechanicals and cake........... :smash:roll:

Colin Hello, beer !!

Mark,

You could maybe drive down to Bishopton to park car and join the bunch at the bridge, which is what I think will be doing. Then do the route and pick car up again when coming back from Gourock ferry, that should still give you about 70ish miles. This would still be a good work-out for this time of year.

Cheers

Chung

Chung - by my estimation it is still about 90miles if doing a loop from Bishopton (I've assumed the coast road back from Gourock, and the straight road from Strachur down Loch Eck to Hunters Quay). Am I missing a cunning short cut ?!

Brian

• 2023 Subscriptions
Mark,

Cheers

Chung

Chung - by my estimation it is still about 90miles if doing a loop from Bishopton (I've assumed the coast road back from Gourock, and the straight road from Strachur down Loch Eck to Hunters Quay). Am I missing a cunning short cut ?!

Brian

90 is nearer the Mark, Brian. Didn't anyone warn you not to take directions from Chung?? ;-):lol:

M

Chung et al, thanks for the suggestions. Might in hindsight have bitten off more than I can chew on this one esp. if light fades early - no front light Doh! and no bailout options. Note that 30 milers going over water too on Sunday, might be more sensible to pedal down to Gourock and tie up with them. North of 60 miles would still be good miles for me in January.

Cheers

Mark

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Billy,

Yep, I'll be out. Time to come out of hiding and have a go at a decent run. Anything must be easier than last week's race!

Will meet the rest of you at the bridge and play my part in keeping the average weight up and the average speed down.

Cheers

M

• Life Members

Sorry for confusing folks with my poor judgement on distance regarding the run round Helensburgh, Arrochar, Rest and Struchar. I will struggle to last the distance and therefore does not want to slow the "Flanders Brigade" down.

I plan for a 8.30am start from clubroom and cycle down to ferry, hopefully catching the 10.00am crossing with the 30milers. If the "Flanders Brigade" are starting the same time, then even better, which means I (we) can hitch a ride at least to the bridge.

Again sorry for the miscalculation.

Cheers

Chung

Lyndsay

Seen Chung's post re depart from Johnstone. Posted on 30 milers thread earlier my intention is to solo ride over Largs road and onto Gourock for 10 for me. welcome to join me if you're setting out from Lochwinnoch. Undecided as to home run, either retrace my tyre tracks and face the Haylie or head up the clune brae to kilmalcolm and track home. Legs and light will be signif. factors.

Cheers

Mark

Made It!!

Great Ride guys, hope everyone got back ok?

Thanks to Daryl for the tow from top of the Clune to Kilmacolm - I'm sure that helped me greatly in managing to save just enough to get back over the hill home.

:shock::shock:

Andy D

PS I did notice that Dunlop wasnt even on the Garmin Map Kenny.....