Long run Sunday 30

Guest EPCC

Hi all

My Largs season ticket ran out last week making it impossible for me to think of a run for Sunday.

Anybody got any ideas looking for 80 with options for bail outs

Weather should be rideable with little frost was thinking of starting at 0900

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Life Members

Billy & Kenny,

How about joining the 30 milers for a venture over the water to Dunoon?

If you read Willie's post, we can cycle down to Gourock from clubroom (or meet at ferry for those choosing to drive down) get the ferry across to Dunoon and cycle round via Loch Tarsan to meet up with the 30milers at Struchar for coffe and cake. Then we can all cycle back to ferry for a blast home. I think milage would be around 90miles mark, and we might need to start early from clubroom if we want to catch the rest of the bunch at Struchar!

Just a thought, I hope I'm not gate crashing into the 30 milers party. :oops:

Then again, I'm open to other options!

Cheers

Chung

• Members

The Lake of Menteith lies to the east of Aberfoyle, Billy. It would be about 85 miles, clubrooms to clubrooms.

My preference would be for a trip over the water, though, for a change of scenery as much as anything else. Chung's mileage estimate looks to be bang on the money to me - about 90 miles from Johnstone to Johnstone - and it is a nice run.

Alternatively, if there's enough interest, I'm happy go over the Rest, but if we're going to do that, I'd rather not stop in Strachur.

That's my tuppence worth. :)

Taking in the rest and be thankful sounds like a good day out - def up for that but happy to go with the flow also. What time are we thinking from the club rooms as it could be a fairly long day by the time we include for the ferry (depending of course on whether we are lucky enough to arive just in time for one leaving???)

Andy D

• Life Members

Thanks Darryl!

Hi Colin,

Hopefully it's 3rd time lucky for you, you've been threatening to come out the last 2 weeks but no sign of you. :grin:

Would be great to see you, mate!

I'll probably meet the bunch at the bridge if we are going over the "Rest", too much for me if going for full route. Will post later on decision.

Cheers

Chung

• 2024 Subscriptions

Like I said, I'll go with the flow, I certainly don't want to highjack the thread or wish for anyone to feel like they've been railroaded into it. :rockets

But, if we do decide to do this run, then I suggest an early start. Maybe 8.30 from the club rooms, meeting others at the south side of the bridge at 9.00. Ya-a-aawwnnn

I should imagine West Kilbride would make it up to the 100 mile mark easily, but the way home can be decided on the ferry. Oh ya dancer !

A good bunch is a must for this run.

It's Party time!

D