Super6 Falkirk

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Stop press

Excellent result by Ramsay today - 2nd in the B race. Beaten only by ringer of the century and ex pro Martin Lonie!

Jim and I finished in the bunch in the A but don't know where.

Full fields of 80 for each race on a fantastic day for racing.

I'm sure more details will follow.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cheers guys.

Was a strange race of just basically spinning round the course at a good steady pace and then a gallop at the end. There were practically no attempted breaks of any sort, so it all stayed together.

I spent most of the race in the top 20-30 and usually in the top ten, just to try and stay out of danger (the bunch was a bit jumpy). When we turned onto the main road with about 2-3miles to go I stayed well in the top 5-10 and luckily avoided a wee crash at a roundabout. Going into the last corner, with 700-800m to go, I was actually second, so sat up a bit and dropped back to third and was tinking that I was still too far forward. We then seemed to coast (at about 30Mph!) for a bit and I very quickly looked up and saw the finish line, so made a bit of room and then just went for it. I actually thought I had it (and possibly eased a bit), but a couple of metres from the line I saw Martin Lonie (former pro with Linda McCartney) lunge for the line and pip me by half a wheel!

So I guess I am happy to have finished second, but can't yet get the feeling of "what if?" or "if only!" out of my head. Not the sort of person to let it get to me, in fact it will make me far more determined the next time. I've been racing bicycles of various sorts since 1992 and I still haven't ever won an open event, so knowing that I've been that close (the closest since 1994) is a good sign!

Well done to Jim and Paul in their race. Both well placed in a star studded line up.

The season still has 6 weeks to go, so bring it on!! :grin:Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Cheers,

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done again Ramsay.

The A race was fairly agressive with a few breaks forming and reforming. A strong break of 9 were away for some time and the first 2 came from it. The Couriers worked to pull it back for a sprint along with Falkirk.

Bunch sprint was for 6th and it just didn't happen for me but Jim and I were both in the group of about 50.

Race was 75 miles at 25.8mph, albeit flat course. Was great riding at this level again.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !