Reliability #1 - Sunday 7th February Tour of Renfrewshire

KennyS

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street

As per previous years there will be two or three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the wannabe racers leaving at 9:45am.

Tea, coffee, soup and sandwiches will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride. All donations of soup, sandwiches, etc... gratefully accepted

The route http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... /765327518

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hey kenny,

I see you're taking us up Church St and then back down McDowall street on our way out from Johnstone. Is that so we can do some shopping on the way? Maybe buy muddies if we don't have them, or pick up a few extra inner tubes, that kind of thing? ;-)

M

Guest Jim Daly

Grant

I think you could assume overall average speeds of 12-14, 15-16 and 18-20mph for the 3 groups on the quite hilly route planned.

Don't worry if you want to go much slower or faster than this.

The first group will go easy. If you want to pull the fast group, go for it! :grin:

Jim

I wont make this one bought rugby tickets after the stuffing of the Aussies but before the let down against the Argies.

Grant

I started about this time last year and found the pace hard but manageable, and there was always somebody dropping back to drag you along this was the 0930 bunch though.

Okay. I'm almost embarrassed to ask but could someone please explain for the benefit of the new diddy what is meant by the term "reliability". :oops: Sorry - daft question I know but I am not familiar with the lingo and I do genuinely want to know all this stuff.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Fiona

• Committee

Hi

Riders may want to to extend their rear mudguard by a few inches with a bit of shaped milk carton zip-tied through a hole at the bottom of the guard. This really reduces the spray for clubmates. Costs about 2p.

I've only seen Darryl do this and his wheel is lush to follow. Nae spray.

Can anyone post a photo? I'm away to do mine now.

A

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on leaving with the 9:00am bunch.

This bunch will be a bit slower (15mph or so) than the 9:30

Do we have a volunteer for soup? I figure that I might be on my second cup celebration of the week come Saturday evening so I'll supply the soup for one of the rides later in the month Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Sarnies and cake go down well as well.

Don't forget that we now have shower facilities in the Gents

KennyS

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Guys

Assuming the snow keeps a respectful distance, I have just joined the club and intend coming along for my first club run.

Hopefully I should be able to keep up with the slow group, but I'll bring a tow rope along just in case.

Tom

Hi, I also intend coming along tomorrow for my first time out as a member, but a bit unsure of which group to go out with. I reckon i should be able to manage average 16-18 mph, is this a realistic average for the second group? A bit concerned that i might hold anyone up. Might come along for 9 and make mind up on the day.