Sign in to follow this  
P McDonald

ARRAN :)

Just putting it out there to gauge interest. As it stands it looks like perfect conditions for an Arran next SaturDAy. Warm, dry, and a light SSW wind, perfect for 7am ferry. Should note that the additional ferries don't start till the week after so if you miss the single and the 11.05am ferry then its the 1.55pm ferry back.

Anyone interested in an SA ?

Ohyadancer!

13 minutes ago, P McDonald said:

Is your tongue in cheek or are you serious about DA ?

Tongue in cheek. Early mornings in April are too cold. Weather too variable. My point was getting up at 5am for a trip round Arran is weird. My friends would think I was touched. It’s only 56 miles. Hardly epic. But we are quite fit and if we were to go to retake the Strava segment... 9 45 ferry is sane. Still be home at a reasonable time in the afternoon for people with jobs, family, friends and pet dogs. 

Ok doke Ian. I sounded out Galeb who is a keen bean, but ..... he has time constraints and I had committed. So its 7am for us, and I think Jan. Think of it as a good team building exercise for Moniaive next week and I'm sure you can set that alarm for 0530 :)

I do think we are fit enough to re-take the Strava segment. You guys have done 2hrs 41s. Iain would need to sacrifice himself on the Lochranza climb and 2hrs 36mins has to be possible. I'd suggest you bring a gel too. Even 2.5 hrs can get you into trouble...

Capture.PNG