Sunday 15 October Lake of Menteith run

• Life Members

Charlie & folks,

I'm keen for this dispite the wet weather forecast, in light of that can I suggest bikes with mudguards please!

I know it's still a few weeks to go before it's compulsory, but no one likes sitting on wet wheels :-) 

I'll be at the bridge for 10.00am!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Guys, no worries ......... like I said, it would be great if it’s do-able, but I know it’s still not mudguards time yet, so can’t ask for more!

On the up side, I get to stare at your new shiny summer bikes, so that’ll make up for it :-)

Anyway, hope the weather will be much better than forecast!

See youse tomorrow, Billy & George!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Always good to get out and we were lucky that it did not rain. Many thanks to Charlie, George and Iain for keeping me on the way back, that was much, much tougher than expected. Head down and a wheel to follow that I fully trust is a great morale booster. I hope everyone got back safely

• 2023 Subscriptions

If only, Richard....

A tough day out in the end, 95 miles on the clock for me, added to just shy of 65 yesterday so very tired.

Late entry for the Hamoc award from Charlie: he had a puncture in Bowling, Gerard stopped to help as Iain & I sat under a tree to take shelter from a shower. Several minutes had passed when Iain noticed Gerard scrabbling about in a big pile of leaves that covered the entire pavement.

Turns out, in his haste to remove his wheel, Charlie had pinged the helical spring and nut from his wheel into the undergrowth. 10 mins of us all sifting through the wet leaves followed before we found it 😂

Off we went. I felt great until we turned into the brutal headwind along the Georgetown Road where I went from feeling strong as a bison to weak as a kitten inside 30 seconds, hunger knock😕

Had to stop and lean my head against a fence for a bit and cadge some food off Charlie before being nursed home by him and Iain.

Absolutely gubbed

night night 😴