DA17

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Is anyone actually up for a Daring Adventure on Sat 24th June? Just want to plan ahead a bit, I am willing if others up for it. YOLO.

Alternative 1) is there anyone who would like to get into the single hall of fame? I would be up for helping/pacing a single especially if there are any potential new inductees into the Hall of Madness

Alternative 2) Ayrshire Alps day out steady ride, hard on the 6 categorised climbs if one so wishes

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

lADs, it is indeed 56 miles. Average required is 20mph. It is quite challenging even in a bunch as the road has a few steep up and downs and is quite twisty in sections. But you do get the everlasting and immense satisfaction of being in the Hall of Fame. The format is normally to ride at a pace required to bag an SA and this can mean that people might get dropped in order for others to achieve the goal. Idea is to get as many as possible round in time to board the 1105 return ferry. It counts even if you don't physically board the ferry but choose to hang out and drink coffee then maybe a jaunt up the string to descend at 50mph :)

P Mcd, since joining the JWCC I've ridden two sportives and now attempting a SA monument this year !!

But I'm willing to give the SA a go.

I have chilling memories of the String but I face my fears on the 24th.

I'm old, crabbit and senility is obviously setting in.

I'll be watching the thread for details.

• 2023 Subscriptions

All

Don't think it's going to happen this SaturDAy as sort of 2 for single maybe 2 for double but weather will be an issue, wind in particular with 18-20mph westerly. Looks like maybe August same as last year once everyone has holidays over and at peak of form ( of course you were training on holiday not eating and drinking ! )

DA17 will happen so keep the faith. Jan and Robbie - my offer of domestique stands indefinetly but my physical ability may not !

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

DA17™©

Anyone for tennis on SaturDAy 5th August ? Robbie and Jan - I was out doing specific DA domestique training today in case you want to have a go at immortality. 75 miles and 2400m climbing. Got way too hot though by 11am.

And I bet McBride with his usual 'takes me a whole 2.5 weeks to get peak form again' after a lay off is flying :)

And of course Alex who unfortunately missed the golden day at the last minute last year when he was in flying form,

And of course one of the original pioneers of the SA way back about 6 years ago, Dr McLean who was also flying last time I saw him,

And of course anyone else who is eminently capable of either a DA or SA, Jesse (could be first female SA or DA), Colin, Andy, et al