Saturday 29th

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Either option sounds good-I have to get in the Arran club just to shut up Charlie & Mark. A ride down and back would be nice to bring the mileage up. 

Galston is a great tough ride too but don't know if I can be bothered spending the rest of saturday cleaning my bike!

Davie B-if doing single Arran you would be back for mid afternoon, I think. I'm sure Paul can give more detail on ferry crossings.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks Jann !

Alex, it's traditionally the 7am ferry, return ferry being 1105 back in Ardrossan at noon.

Maybe last chance this year to get in the Hall of Fame which will be ceremoniously posted in clubrooms at first turbo session to the sound of massed pipe bands and a 21 gun salute.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Right. I'm definitely going. Leaving all bank & credit cards at home tomorrow to stop me going on the batter after work.

I'm easy on ferry times but was planning to ride down but think this would now necessitate riding in the dark if going for 7am ferry. Not that I'm afraid of the dark.

Robbie had indicated he'd like to go but can't make it until later. Can we try to accommodate him? Think we should.

Also: what's the quickest route from Paisley to Ardrosssn ferry?

I'm fine with 0945. Happy to cycle down to Adrossan too. Meet at club rooms and head from there?

Are we as well cycle track to Kilbirnie/Glengarnock, Highfield Road to Dalry, head up road to West Kilbride but take the left turn at top of hill down to Adrossan? Around 22 miles.

Leaving club as soon as Robbie can make it (0800?) would get us there in time.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Robbie

Ferry back 1445. Bikes are last off so you would be back at car 1455 and home about 3.30pm.

So we are going for 0945 ferry then. Looking at the latest forecast it will be a tough wee shift tomorrow. Just a thought for those comtemplating riding down which will be straight into the wind - it might be an idea to drive down same a srobbie and save your beans. Think I might drive and just get to Ardrossan 30 mins early for a wee run along the coast to warm up.

:)