BC National Youth Crit Championships Paisley 12th July 2015

KennyS

I'm starting to home in now on all those folk who have offered their assistance leading up to or on the day of the BC National Championships - Sunday 12th July :-)

This is the first time that these Championships have been in Scotland. It's going to be a BIG day, with great infrastructure / entertainment support again from Renfrewshire Council.

I'm seeing the entries coming through daily for this and can proudly say as a Paisley Buddie that the best Youth riders in Britain will be racing the streets of Paisley on the 12th July

Racing starts at 10am so marshals would be required from 09:00 through to 6pm or so when the Under 16 Boys finish

To put it in some sort of context, we'll need around 50+ marshals to rotate through the 12-13 crossing points throughout the day. This will allow as many people as possible to enjoy the racing on the day

If you are able to arrive earlier to assist with the setting up of the event area, rather than marshalling later on, then that is great too.

If you are assist please drop an email with your name and a time window of when you would be available to [email protected]

Kenny Steele
Organiser
British Cycling National Youth Circuit Championships - Paisley2015
www.paisley2015.org

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those who have confirmed above or have been in touch directly. I'll come back to each of you separately to finalise the marshalling schedule

The Event is really starting to take shape now with closing dates for entries this Sunday (14th)

Having attended 3 of the 4 BC National Series events already this season I can pretty much guarantee a great day of race action as the best Youth riders compete to pull on a British National Champion Jersey. Scottish Riders have won the Under 16 Boys in the last two years and with plenty of tops Scots across the categories who would bet against further success

We're looking at a full field of 100 riders (!!!!!) in the Under 16 Boys category as expected with large fields in the other categories as well.

Important message for ALL riders. The closing date is Sunday 14th June. That is THIS Sunday. Even for the non-championship Under 8 and Under 10 races. Enter here https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/123960/British-Cycling-National-Youth-Circuit-Championship#summary

Spectators - As well as the racing there will be BMX displays, Freestyle Football displays, food stalls, live bands on stage at Paisley Cross, live entertainment at the Paisley Arts Centre cafe / bar / garden. Bring the family and make plenty of noise!!

Volunteers - I'm still looking for additional volunteers to marshall the barrier crossing points on the circuit throughout the day with volunteers required from 9:00am until approx 18:30. Marshalls will be assisted by the Event Security and will also be in direct communication with the Chief Marshall at all times via our radios. Lunch and Tea / Coffees will be provided. Even if it's only for a few hours throughout the day, your assistance would be greatly appreciated as it would allow yourself and other volunteers to enjoy the event

Sponsors - We have been fortunate to have the support of a number of business, both local and further afield. If you are interested in supporting the event please drop us an email at [email protected]

More information are on the event website www.paisley2015.org or drop me an email at [email protected]

KennyS

• 4 weeks later...

I have sent a Marshall Schedule via PM to all those who have confirmed that they are available

Anyone else who wishes to assist on Sunday will be more than welcome. Even if it's only for one race (particularly in the afternoon)

Thanks again

Kenny

Attached are the files containing the Marshalling Schedule and the Race Plan

Thanks to all who have offered to help out tomorrow

There are a number of folk who are getting up waaaayyyyy too early for a Sunday morning :-)

Teams / Riders have been arriving all day from all corners of the UK

Here's hoping for some fast, exciting racing

To all other, come along, bring your friends and family. Enjoy a good day's racing with live entertainment on stage at Paisley Cross and the Cafe / Beer Garden at the Arts Centre

Racing starts at 10am and goes right through to approx 5:30

www.paisley2015.org

Kenny

Marshal Schedule Sheet1.pdf

Race Plan.pdf