Renfrew summer bunch

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was poop! 😂 dropped at the top of the Clune as I tested my blood sugar. Bunch rode off and i was 10 seconds behind and couldn't make the gap.

Got to Kilma, gave a young gct rider a tube and set off in chase of anyone!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Aw nae luck Greg, you should have shouted out as it was a big group.

Anyway the latest thinking on training is to keep your body guessing and mixing it up. Or that's my story anyway. All I can say is doing the bogs bunch in the 34 ring is most certainly a different work out. I maxed out on high oil pressure and a burst head gasket at BoW 30 sign. If you want to empty the tank completely in a short time then this is the way to do it.

On a second note please beware, if you lie your bike flat in the car the shift lever can be on and drain the battery.

Ohyadancer!

• Committee

cracker tonight. While the younger riders were quite spinny on junior gears, Paul's legs were a blur at 60kph on his 34. Well done.

Jan and Alan providing firepower for the last 5k, I pulled through under the M8 then blew.

good training for the real test on Thursday.

• Committee

Alan, you nearly got georgetown records, all flying tonight. very happy

See second post above. Every spring I do the same stupid thing. I take my stupid gas pipe shopping bike out on stupid fast rides and get pumped. I then assume my riding career has finished and it's pipe and slippers time.

Then I remember that I do have a summer bike  which cost a packet, is stupid light with nice wheels and guess what? 7kg carbon race bikes with aero wheels really do work. You CAN buy speed and be flattered by expensive kit.

Then I post here and everyone else thinks: well, duh. :rolleyes:

I realise this cannot last but for the meantime it is fun. I'm off to the shops.

50mm wheels were fine until between Clune summit and Kilmacolm. Sheer terror! Happy with the pace but I felt pretty out of control so had to back off. Starting forming some semblance of a bunch by BoW then Marc and I shared the work to the end. Feeling better with every ride!

• 2023 Subscriptions

That was indeed a wind. By the time we hit Houston there were only 7 left in front bunch due to cross wind scatter job between Port Glasgow and Bridge of Weir. Alan was unfortunate puncture victim at Houston. Jan did miss the split, but to put in context the split was John A, Ross C and Gregg. Jan chased them on his tod into 4th with me, Ian and Barry not able to close the gap to Jan and coming in 15 secs back or so.

Fun days :)