Sunday 22nd Feb 2015 - Reliability #4 - West Kilbride

GrahamF

• Committee

Congratulations to all those out today. 2 degrees in freezing rain led to a few abandonees. When your fingers can't change gear or brake then it is wise to call it a day.

My tyre bead parted company from the tread at Wemyss Bay followed by a bang two seconds later as the inner went.

Many thanks to the bunch who waited for me in horrid conditions but I gave in to temptation and was taken home with hypothermic Jets in our service car, kindly provided by David Penman, who turned around and headed back into the sleet, last seen en route to Kilbirnie.

• Life Members

Well, that's was rather cold & wet this morning! :-)

3 Jets coach + 4 Wheelers in the shape of shape of Katrina, Alan McLean, Martin M, Martin (new Wheeler) Campbell (Ironman), Alan Fox & myself with the company of at least ten Jets (sorry, can't tell who's who as they're all skinny and ride with such efficiency) made up the 9.00am bunch on this last Reliability Run, in "glorious" weather round to Largs and up the Haylie via Kilburnie then home. Understandably we had to cut the run short as some of us (myself included) were suffering from mild hyperthermia :-)

I, so wanted to get in David support vehicle at Weymss Bay, but couldn't due to lack of room :-(

Alan's tyre blow out was quite spectacular both in terms of sound & visual effect, I could literally see sparks coming from this wheel sitting behind him. I thought someone threw a firecracker at us!

Special credit must go to the Jets who rode with gusto & never heard them moan once about the riding conditions (that was left to me to do) and I think they all should be awarded with a " Rule 9" badge! :-) Respect!

Big thanks to Jane back at the clubroom for providing the welcome mushroom soup & large spread waiting for our appearance!

Thanks to everyone for the wheels today, it was obviously very much needed by me!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well, that's was rather cold & wet this morning! :-)

3 Jets coach + 4 Wheelers in the shape of shape of Katrina, Alan McLean, Martin M, Martin (new Wheeler) Campbell (Ironman), Alan Fox & myself with the company of at least ten Jets (sorry, can't tell who's who as they're all skinny and ride with such efficiency) made up the 9.00am bunch on this last Reliability Run, in "glorious" weather round to Largs and up the Haylie via Kilburnie then home. Understandably we had to cut the run short as some of us (myself included) were suffering from mild hyperthermia :-)

I, so wanted to get in David support vehicle at Weymss Bay, but couldn't due to lack of room :-(

Alan's tyre blow out was quite spectacular both in terms of sound & visual effect, I could literally see sparks coming from this wheel sitting behind him. I thought someone threw a firecracker at us!

Special credit must go to the Jets who rode with gusto & never heard them moan once about the riding conditions (that was left to me to do) and I think they all should be awarded with a " Rule 9" badge! :-) Respect!

Big thanks to Jane back at the clubroom for providing the welcome mushroom soup & large spread waiting for our appearance!

Thanks to everyone for the wheels today, it was obviously very much needed by me!

Cheers

Chung

--------

All true. Jets were as hard as nails today in filthy conditions. For the record they were: Matti, Charlie, Danny, Sarah, Lusia, Gemma, Hamish and Douglas.

Cheers to Ironman, Alan Fox and Martin new wheeler who did the heavy lifting on the coast between Wemyss Bay and Largs. And Jane's soup made it all worthwhile.