3rd August Club Run + Commonwealth Road Race

chung

• Life Members

Hi all,

A bit early to post a run for the date but thought I would see if there's any like minded folks who would want a run and then catch some of the road racing action after!

The plan is to have a Sunday run then find a place over the Westend of Glasgow (or anywhere suitable) to watch the race outside a bar or cafe.

9.00am Clubroom - Bridge - Hardgate - Strathblane - Lennoxtown - Crow Road - Fintry - Killearn - Stockiemuir Road - Croftamie - Cycle Route 7 - Bonhill - Dumbarton - Bowling - Clydebank - Westend approx. 60miles from clubroom to Westend ETA westend I guess 12.30-1.00pm

The Men's Road Race starts at Glasgow Green 12noon heading west - 14km lap, 12 laps for the men race I think!

That's the plan, any suggestion or idea where we can watch the race would be most welcome.

P.S this is the same course as last year National RR, and I stopped in several places to watch. But I assume this time it'll be much busier especially if the weather stays like this :-)

Cheers

Chung

I watched the national RR on the corner of Woodlands road and Lynedoch Street (next to the Drake) cobbled downhill right hander with watering hole attached!! Ideal spot.

Office only a few minutes walk so well placed to store bikes etc while viewing.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cant make the club run this week however intend to go up to Glasgow early and get a shot on the closed roads. This was possible a couple of hours before the TT started yesterday so presumably the same again for the road race.

Aiming to be at Glasgow green about 6.30, do a lap then watch the women going past for their first lap then head home if anyone is interested in a pre club ride spin :D