Georgetown Cup 06 sep 2014

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

It's a TT on the Georgetown. Familiar territory for most of us.

If there's more than 8 entries from a club, then it's the 8 fastest that count. 2 years ago the club had enough ladies enter for their own team, the Johnstone Sheila's, who I believe won the prestigious pie award. No doubt one of the club historians can correct me on that if it's wrong.

To count for the cup there need to be minimum 8 from a club (of a single sex for Women, I'm sure it can be mixed for the men's/open if need be) , you enter normally through British Cycling and each club is grouped together on the start sheet, everyone going off at the usual 1 minute intervals as normal but you'll have clubmates in front and behind. So, as many people can enter as they want, there is no selection process, just the 8 fastest from a club to count. It's all pretty relaxed for an open event, a very good place to start if you want to try one, a bit of "fun" with a lot of club level riders having a go

• 4 weeks later...

Yes you did , mind you Mrs Voss did firstly start the race then held a press conference then rode the race

Mind you I don't think she has ever done a nineteen anything on the Georgetown