Sunday 8 Main bunch

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not making it to Arran, so planning to head out on Sunday for a brisk 60 or so miles... Johnstone, Dalry, Fairlie Moor, Largs, Brisbane Glen, The Whin, Kilmalcolm and home....

Post up if you fancy it....

Cheers

Ian

• 2023 Subscriptions

Having looked at tomorrow's forecast, I'm wimping out and having a turbo sesh instead of going out to play.

Now, where did I leave those sheets that Billy sent me.......

• 2023 Subscriptions

Really glad I changed my mind and met up with the bunch in Largs. Endured Brisbane glen, then went home via Westferry, leaving the mountain goats to do the Whin. Not a lot left in my legs at the end of it, must have been yesterday's rowing effort biting.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good ride and pretty lucky with the weather until the final half hour...the wrong turn up the dead end was a tough climb then after the descent 3 of us lost the bunch. Iain was short of time so he headed off for a shortened route and Davie and myself went to Largs over Fairley Moor via Swinlees, tough shift into the headwind. Arrived at the bagel basket before the bunch but after Alan T. After that onto Brisbane Glen, aided by a tail wind. As the descent started i was just thinking to myself that the last time i was on the old largs road a Paisley Velo rider who had been a bit in front had ended up in a ditch and got covered in mud. However by the time i had remembered this i was at the corner in question and overcooked it due to not being able to brake on the gravel on the road and straight onto the grass verge with Alan M following me - however we both managed to stop without coming off. Then we noticed Ian A hadnt been so lucky and had ended up in the ditch. Fortunately the mud provided a soft landing!

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was indeed a good ride today.. lovely cake in the BB, better weather than was forecast thankfully, great company as usual, and very sore legs at the end.

Hope Ian A is feeling okay after the tumble, thankfully no damage done to his lovely bike :-)

Ian....