NEW CLUB KIT - Spring/Summer 2014 Please Read!!

Mark O

Guys/Girls

We are nearly there regards the new club kit. I hope to have the Club Store open next week. Instructons as to how you use the club store will be posted up. However, I'd like to raise a couple of point before the store opens to highlight some essential issues you all should be aware of.

1. You are ordering as a private individual via the club store. The club has no responsibility in regards to what you order (other than the range of garments currently available and final distribution of your individual order). You are responsible for ensuring you choose the correct size and range that you want. You are responsible for the on line payment for your order.

2. To ensure an early April delivery of our first order, I intend opening the club store for an initial 72 hours. I can and will open the club store again later in the year as and when demand dictates and can be justified. Notice of the Club Store opening will be flagged up.

3. This is very important so please read carefully. There is a minimum of 5 items per garment on this initial order. If the minimum order number is not reached then the item will not be manufactured. This extends across the 3 quality ranges (Continental, Ascent and Summit) and applies to the first time a particular item is ordered. For example should across the club 6 short sleeve ascent jerseys be ordered then that item will be delivered. In contrast if only 3 summit jerseys are ordered then that item will not be available. Re orders of items are not subject to this minimum threshold. I hope that our account manager will keep me in the loop as to the quantities being ordered and where there might be short falls. I will of course realy this back as promptly as I can.

It may be sensible to speak to your fellow members regards what items you fancy and what they fancy and try to ensure the minimum order numbers can be achieved.

4. We can add additional and new items such as full winter jackets, caps, socks, thermal bibs etc., to the club store as we go forward. New designs will incur design charges. The exact details and amount of such design charges can be confirmed in due course.

More regards the club store when I have it. I will post up an idiot's guide on how to use it and passwords, so keep an eye on this thread.

I called in at Cafe Siempre today to check the various quality and sizes in order to provide some general advice and my views on the kit.

For reference, I'm 5'9" ish and weigh somewhere between 10 and a half - 11 stone. I tried on the small and medium size jerseys - no point looking at the large jerseys as they just drown me.The small jersey was a perfect race fit for me and I'd recommend that for any of our leaner racers especially if you prefer a neat fit on the arms. If you're of a similar height and between 11-12 stone, the medium would be a good fit. Anyone nearing 6 foot then medium might be overly neat.

I also tried the long sleeve top, the medium was the best fit, allowing for some layering - base layer and summer top. The sleeves were a tad long for me but it might just be the case I have shorter than normal arms. I tried on a small long sleeve jersey which I couldn't zip up - turns out it was a female cut, not that you could tell. The best fit in terms of gillets, again allowing for layering, was the small. The medium just felt too flappy for my taste and frame, but then again I am pretty skinny. Regards bib shorts, the medium were perfect. Snug, well shaped and the bib straps were correctly sized for my height. That said the shorts I tried on were from the premium Summit range.

On the question of quality and which range to choose from, generally all the garments are good and fit very well in comparison to the existing club kit and off the peg kit I have. I would however recommend the Ascent range as the best value for money, and the range which most in the club should seriously consider ordering. The continental range is basic and really aimed at new riders. If you spend a fair bit of time in your kit, commuting, training or racing then the Summit range might serve you better, it is expensive but I think it is excellent. This is the range that I would personally go for, if that is any guide.

My apologies for this being a very male-centric review. I would recommend that if you are in any doubt as to what your sizing is go into Siempre and try some kit on.

Cheers

Mark

• 2023 Subscriptions

mark,

that all sounds good. Will it be obvious to the punter (me) if I am ordering an item that has not reached the required number and may not be delivered? That seems to be the main concern I would have thought.

If not obvious to me, will you be able to tell?

The skinsuits need to be the same quality and not just short or long sleeve to be counted as a five.

Have I understood this correctly?

Cheers

duncan

Guest George

OK. As the store will only be open for 72 hours & not everyone will see each other we should use the forum to communicate our intended orders at this time. This is to avoid being short of required garments to ensure manufacture.

I will be ordering:

Medium short sleeve ascent jersey.

Large ascent shorts

Medium Long Sleeve ascent skinsuit

• 2023 Subscriptions

my order will be short sleeve summit jersey and bibshorts although will go with ascent if there are not enough numbers for the summit

will probably order something else too, will wait and have a look in the clubshop first.

Thanks for all the hard work to Mark and everyone else who has been involved in the organising and design and getting it to this stage Hello,beer!!

Iain

Stop it

Marks head is big enough as it is and to be honest i am fed up listing to him talk about cloth and cut

think i will ride next to George so we can talk about watts power and other man things rather that wash cycles and shades of pink

A short sleeve jersey and BIB shorts for myself, both medium! Probably nothing else for now.

whats the price?

i take it the 'ascent' is the range? what range is this? highest/lowest/middle?

http://www.pactimo.com/cycling/

Century hasn't been mentioned so we've got Continental, Summit and Ascent with Summit being the dearest.

• Life Members

Mark,

Just to clarify for myself & maybe others too. Does the 5 minimum item need to be from the same RANGE, i.e 5 short sleeve jersey Ascent or can the 5 be made up from across the range i.e 3 Continental, 1 Ascent & 1 Summit ALL short sleeve?

Your reply would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

Chung

Size doesn't matter, the range does.

Continental - basic

Ascent - mid range and good

Summit - premium kit - the dog's

I will attempt to liaise with Pactimo regards likely short falls in numbers and keep everyone advised.

S/S & L/S ascent jerseys for me and if enough interest summit bibs. May order gillet too.

Prices - I think these will be on the store also. I will try to find the time to scan and post these up on the forum.

Chung,

The 5 items must be from the same range, and for each garment type. EG 5 long sleeve ascent jerseys is good, 3 summit bibs is not. Sizing does not affect this. The 5 could be 2 sm, 2 med and 2 lrg.

I will stress these minimums only come into play on the initial order and/or when we add new items, say winter jackets come the autumn.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ascent bib shorts and short sleeve top

:)

And thanks for you patience and tolerance Mark. I mean when the chaps start talking shades of pink you just despair, unless of course it is the most important pink - the maglia rosa,