Sunday 16th Feb - Reliability #3 - Sinclair Street

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

The third of the 2014 Reliability rides, Sinclair Street, is on Sunday 16th February.

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street.

As per previous years, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the wannabe/actual racers leaving at 10:00am. (Please note 15 minutes later for the fast bunch this week)

The route http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/elderslie-sct/reliability-no-3-sinclair-street-route-1827559

Tea, coffee, soup and sandwiches will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride. All donations of soup, sandwiches, etc... gratefully accepted. (Can everyone at the club rooms please take ensure things are left clean and tidy, including taking all perishable rubbish with them - thanks).

Enjoy.

• 2023 Subscriptions

10am for me unless those pesky ayrshironians turn up.

Never going to make up 30 mins on gruppo 2 but who cares?

I reckon the 10am group is going to need a pace of between 4 and 5 kph faster than the 930 bunch. I think you're going to need the pesky Ayrshironians ;-)

I reckon the 10am group is going to need a pace of between 4 and 5 kph faster than the 930 bunch. I think you're going to need the pesky Ayrshironians ;-)

Andros, are the fullarton not recruiting?

Hate the route but hope to be there...though the pain and mental anguish of a 2 hour plus turbo session is actually quite intriguing.....

Not wishing to stir anything up but if people want the pace to go up and the bunch to move more effeciently stopping the really long spells on the front might be a start - when did we start riding like this?

Peace,

D

Guys,

The time by individuals spent at the front has been fairly settled through the winter, as has the pace over the piece. Them that feel strong are tending to do a longer turn, them that don't going through quicker and returning to the bunch. Wholly accept the windy conditions of late will dictate shorter spells, but let's not split hairs, I thot once we got ourselves sorted out we did work pretty well together.

The other point about the high pace from the gun.....well aye.....I was red lining due to feeling crap on the day and the rate of knots we were doing, but it was wholly unsustainable over such a route on such a day as Sunday - surely better to start steady and ride into the route (particularly if guys have cooled down) allowing for a stronger finish, than to burn your matches in the first half hour. I think it was the pace rather than long spells (not that they were overly long IMO) that caused the disjointed bunch.

From a skinny's point of view, we tend to agree to go steady on the climbs to keep the group together or have a regroup at the top, but then proceeed to blast along the flats with little regard for them who are not roullers. I realise its horses for courses and we all have our strengths and weaknesses but to be splintering a bunch and asking guys to dig deeper than they might normally do in the first half hour does seem daft to me if the group has greater overall strength in its numbers. Totally of the view that if you're bust and get dropped in the last 10 miles then rule # 5 applies, but the first 10......hmmmm?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys,

The time by individuals spent at the front has been fairly settled through the winter, as has the pace over the piece. Them that feel strong are tending to do a longer turn, them that don't going through quicker and returning to the bunch. Wholly accept the windy conditions of late will dictate shorter spells, but let's not split hairs, I thot once we got ourselves sorted out we did work pretty well together.

The other point about the high pace from the gun.....well aye.....I was red lining due to feeling crap on the day and the rate of knots we were doing, but it was wholly unsustainable over such a route on such a day as Sunday - surely better to start steady and ride into the route (particularly if guys have cooled down) allowing for a stronger finish, than to burn your matches in the first half hour. I think it was the pace rather than long spells (not that they were overly long IMO) that caused the disjointed bunch.

From a skinny's point of view, we tend to agree to go steady on the climbs to keep the group together or have a regroup at the top, but then proceeed to blast along the flats with little regard for them who are not roullers. I realise its horses for courses and we all have our strengths and weaknesses but to be splintering a bunch and asking guys to dig deeper than they might normally do in the first half hour does seem daft to me if the group has greater overall strength in its numbers. Totally of the view that if you're bust and get dropped in the last 10 miles then rule # 5 applies, but the first 10......hmmmm?

These are good comments Mark.

I myself need to be more aware of my pace when moving to the front of the bunch and I'm working that this.

That said we could decide on the kind of starting pace and changes to pace over the course if we're interested in chasing Groups 1 and 2. Everything else follows from that.

Andy

My suggestion for Sundays pace

Start hard to the bridge go harder to Sinclair street go very hard to A82 then put the hammer down all the way to Houston then sprint to Johnstone easy

Alternatively stick Paul and Andy on the front and hang on