2014 Trip Granada

Guest EPCC

We have decided to go to Spain for training camp / holiday

Granada has been chosen due to climate ease of access and routes

All welcome looking at March 2014 will do some more research re costs who's in

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hopefully will be ok for this. Matt stayed in Granada for a year so hopefully he can help with accom and travel between Malaga and Granada. Bus costs 10 euros and travel time is approx 1 hour 45. Sierra Nevada peaks at 3478 metres so plenty of climbing options. If anyone taking a day off then there is off course Alhambra palace

area is great for me - but would prefer April. I have been to that area on biz trips and the weather can be bad in march - even snow!

I see Jet2 is out wednesday and back monday - is that what we are thinking about? (Like italy). As Billy said about £100.

Accom preference is half board hotel.

Eh...maybe just me but some conflicting info going round...

> It's flat;

> No, theres loads of climbing;

> Weathers great;

> No, it might be snowing.

> There is about 3mm of rain all year;

> April is rainy season.

We are all big boys and girls and are responsible for doing our own research on this and the subsequent decsion on going or not but a bit of clarity on a public forum maybe good.

Also apologies for not making it on Saturday - back to eating thru' a straw as dental infection is in the bone and possibly my brain!

I'm adding root canal treatment to my list of conspiracy theories perpetrated on the people of the world. Maybe one for the producers of Ancient Aliens to investigate especially the guy with the crazy hair.

D

Dave

Facts

Average temp March 20 it is more likely to rain in April but forecasts are just educated guesses

There is a ski resort in the mountains and yes you will be able to ski

Roads are what you would expect the city sits in a valley surrounded by mountains you can climb big hills or flatter if you head towards the coast

Have a look on the inter web

Guest George

The wife didn't bat my training camp suggestion out the park.

Would need to firm up dates & prices before I can commit tho.

My only reservation is that the weather in March is "variable".

would rather go when sunshine is guaranteed. Would rather a sunny cycling holiday than potentially being snowed in for days without food and having to decide who to boil & eat to survive.

By the looks of Charlie on Saturday he could keep 5 of us fed for a week tho :)

Only kidding, your hon :)

• 2024 Subscriptions

Granada in March or April still compares favourably with the other Spanish destinations...

it is much drier in March with 7.5 days per month of rain, but average temps of 20 C. Cf. Costa del Sol: 14 C and 12 days of rain.

April is a bit wetter, but still good compared to others. Maybe not so decisive though: 10 days rain @ 21 Cf. Costa del Sol 11days rain @16 C

http://www.holiday-w...averages/march/

My conclusion

On the basis of weather alone, If trip is def for March, then Granada seems to be the best, short of going to Tenerife.

If trip is April, then not much in it although average temps seem to be higher in Granada.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Geography students will tell you that Murcia is the driest region in Spain but for me a bit arid and not that pretty.Granada is also fairly dry but is a stunning place to visit.. In Spain they have a saying '' en Arbil Aguas mil '' . If you want to avoid rain we could try and book the velodrome for a week.