Long Coast

Guest EPCC

Bah! Don't rub it in missing a second "depressed" shot at Balfron :-(

Is that the race Andy quit?

I never saw Andy as a quitter. I thought he was more of a chucker.

A session with a psychologist would sort him.

Supposedly , but then again I couldnt keep up with the pensioners last time.

Don't be too hard on yourself, Al.

None of these pensioners work. They just ride their bikes all day.

Some of them even go abroad for the winter.... :)

Nice steady run today into a strong head wind I think all right made it to the BB

After that riders decided to go there own way

Ended up with me John Paul and Mark

Will miss the next few weeks so enjoy

lol nice one paul, a think it was tuf the fact that

We didnt have a very big bunch and there were

Longer spells at frnt,the wind certainy softens

Everyone up, still enjoyable run as u always get someone wanting to wynd the pace up at some point !!! Am up for a rite hilly wet winter bike run next wk dnt thnk there will b many more warm sundays! john :-)

• Members

Glorious failure once again, does it actually get any easier? On a bright note, posted fastest 40k on Garmin, 1 hour, 11 minutes, well good for me but probably Granny pace for some of the others out today. Cheers guys did enjoy it, but when I could re-taste the fruit scone in back of my throat, though best to drop off and slow it down! Still enjoyed the crack.

Cheers Iain

Ps Billy what was the name of that bike shop you mentioned today?

Really enjoyed today's run out. Pretty good conditions albeit the headwind did ask some questions. Legs do feel as if they've had a workout tho. Just shy of a ton for the day. Happy with that.

Alan/Iain, stick at it. Thot you both did well down to Largs. Its always going to be tough stepping up and getting out of your comfort zone but you will adapt and be able to maintain the pace for longer. Something to think about is how you actually ride in the bunch. The regulars will make it look relatively easy but only because they are riding efficiently getting the maximum speed for the minimum effort - drafting, correct gear choice - (if you're grinding a big gear your legs will eventually pop, if you're spinning too small a gear you're heart rate will be too high to maintain) , fueling (eating and drinking) in the saddle, not surging or accelerating through to take a turn at the front. Even your choice of clothing can have an effect - flappy jackets act as a sail making you work harder. Probably all sounds basic stuff but it all counts. Watch what and how the other guys do things and copy them or ask them why they do it.

M