Main bunch ride Sep 1

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to all the guys that helped me out, towing me along and the occasional shove as I was blowing hard out both ends. Just a pity all your efforts came to naught after my double mechanical thanks to a badly filled pothole as I was chasing the pack through Moscow. I did make it to Galston, but my bike was so full of rattles I had to turn back. And I had no idea where I was supposed to be going anyway, but at least I was able to re-trace the route home.

Maybe next week.

Hard run defo a less than 2.1 lbs per inch ride this is always a hard run on the legs but the head wind made it twice as hard well done to that managed to do it

Bacon bagel caffe and cream making me feel better legs are feeling it

Next week it's a run for those that are above 2.5 lbs per inch

Mark Paul notes required

Picked up McTavish just before Stewarton as he fixed his puncture, hit Sainsbury's in Stewarton for more water, a sandwich and some wiggly worms, then we struggled back over the hills into the wind, him heading off over the braes from Lugton, me hitting Beith and back to Lochwinnoch. Gubbed, 70 miles, 4h 40, bath and bed time for me! I hate hills! :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cracking ride today all. Just under 100miles for me today though the last 10 after Kilbirnie I think we're the worst. Good to see such a big bunch out today all in fine fettle. Glad you're safe Alan! See you all at the Georgetown Cup next week I'm hoping!

Andy

• 2024 Subscriptions

Cracking ride today all. Just under 100miles for me today though the last 10 after Kilbirnie I think we're the worst. Good to see such a big bunch out today all in fine fettle. Glad you're safe Alan! See you all at the Georgetown Cup next week I'm hoping!

Andy

That's some ride Andy See me? See happy?

MacB, my note is the inability to switch on my alarm clock. Was awake before 6, thot another hour in bed before the alarm goes off - yes! rolled over and was immediately transported to half 9. DOH! Am afraid the impetus had deserted me by the time I got out my pit. I'm claiming recovery day after a good run out on Friday afternoon and impending mechanical judging from the sounds coming from my rear hub.

I'm now regretting my decision given how much you chunkier boys appear to have suffered on the hills today.

M

Vg good run today!tuf cond lumpy roads plenty hills one or two v-steep! Good morale and a few

Guys i have never met b4 as av only bn mem since

March,rekon there was roughly 17 in bunch which

Helped to keep the wind off each other,well done to everyone and especially the new comers to main bunch as its never easy riding above ure comfort zone ! All in all gd day had by everyone

John

• 2023 Subscriptions

found this hard today, been a busy week at work so thats my excuse.stopped at the old parafin lamp for coffee, then home,walked in the door like a zombie got fed toast and egg, washed fell asleep for two hours.will have to work a bit more through the week, when billy beat me up the last hill it was time to drift gracefully off the back and enjoy my own company.

iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great run today with a impressively large bunch tackling the Galston Leg Bender ( Transmitter run). I've done this many times and this was by far the largest bunch I've seen so chapeau one and all. Take your grandchildren - this run is one of lifes treasures.

I reckon its not actually possible to return home without shredded legs.

:)

Always good to visit some new haunts. Some good training roads today and good to see so many out. Well done to new guys hope you are up for a winter with the main bunch on a Sunday. Transmitter Hill is a great climb and hope to revisit it again soon when my legs are feeling more up for it than they were today. some tough conditions out there today and great nbanter

• Members

Hi guys, many thanks to Paul, Billy and the rest of guys who tried to bring me back into the bunch, was toughest run I have done so far . To add insult to injury took the wrong way home and ended up cycling through, Dunlop, Lugton and back down Glennifers Braes. No more 4.00 am nights out on a Friday and sorry if I held any of you guys up today! Hopefully more runs and a winter under my belt will allow me to keep up for Transmitter Hill next year.

Cheers. Iain