May 19 main bunch ride

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

had a good run today first after my majorca man flu.Sad to see so many body parts on the road, and up fences(had to be different). can the injured let us know how they are.

iain

Tell me more Iain - hope there wasn't too much to report.

Apologies to Charlie space P and Colin for bringing them down on the Glen Fruin hairpins. Charlie and me took an easy spin back to Helensburgh for coffee and scones (and ice for his ankle) while waiting for a lift back to BoW from his good wife. Nothing to write home about for me as far as road rash goes, but will be a test for the Assos warranty dept. No bikes were damaged in the making of this part of the club run.

New pair of bib longs for me but all ok otherwise. Unfortunately didn't check bike fully and only discovered at café in balloch that back brakes had been rubbing. Just as well as I thought I had hit the wall as pedalling was almost impossible. Oh well - good resistance work out. Great route which I would like to repeat :icon_yes

Double puncture on the Erskine bridge for me! Thanks for the spare tubes guys. Managed to nick that last one Ian and was lookin at a bit of a walk before Gerry from Glasgow United passed by and donated yet another. Finally got going with pockets bulging with useless rubber ( Insert punchline here ).

Colin, couldn't understand how you could go that slowly along Glen Douglas - early contender for the hammock !

• Life Members

What a sh*t day on my new bike!

Coming down on one of the wet descend and skidding into a pile of mud on the side on the road. Luckily the bike was not too bad, just scrufed bar tape & a wee scratch on the new saddle, I made sure when falling down that I was well under the bike limiting the damage. The things you do to protect your bike, I think cyclist need their head examined!

To make it worse, I punctured coming into Glasgow Westend, thankfully changing a tub with Hugh's assistance made it a lot easily!

That should be my bad luck done, nothing but good karma from now!

I hope Charlie & Martin are ok after their wee spill too!

Regards

Chung

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

I think it's a car park and back to basic bike handling skills for the main bunch if you lot can't stay on your bikes

Elbow pads & stabilisers all round.

Maybe a few sessions on grass with the jets would help too.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Sorry, Charlie. Didn't see your last post there.

That's terrible news. Keep your chin up, mate. Your constant positivity will see you back better than ever.

Coach Required to teach middle aged men on the basics of cycling eg how to stay upright

Salary will be your place in heaven

Must have plenty of patience as they know it all at that age

Applicants should have a never ending supply of stabilisers as your class will always grow

First aid would be an advantage

Apply here or on a Sunday morning '' Main bunch ride ''

• 2023 Subscriptions

Charlie

Seriously bad luck mate. If you lose weight like the last time you were off then you will be a scelf come September.

I had a very minor off road excursion at the same corner as Chung where I skidded into a ranch style fence. As I don't have an uber sexy bike I did not have to fall under it :)

Meantime see the photo attached, name that bum in one, :)

• 2024 Subscriptions

I leave you alone for five minutes and what happens? Seriously though, So sorry to hear about yur ankle Charlie - you seem to have had enough bad luck for the whole bunch this year. Get well soon - expect to see a 10 stone version contesting the hill-climb champs. Hope every one else is OK. I'm planning on coming out next week, but I'm not too sure now :rolleyes:

Charlie,

Sorry to hear about the achilles tendon - just whem you were getting back to full fitness after the broken collar bone!!

Recover quickly, mon ami.!

Who is going to do the breakaway on Thursday evenings now!

Glad Colin and Chung are oK.

Chung nearly in tears over very slightly scuffed bar tape on his new steed!

Me - I had a great day!!

New cafe tried in Balloch - very good I would say.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Charlie who do I compete against now ? And what happened

Billy, it was my doing. Charlie and I taking it easy down the hill when I lost the back end on a rh hairpin. Charlie was outside me and just behind and so had nowhere to go when my bike dropped in front of him. I slid, he clattered.

Charlie, so sorry to hear your news.