Track League

Darryl Gunson

Grieg

This is Paul posting for a group I am merely stating an opinion based on my limited coaching experience that mixing beginners ie brand new novices with others more experienced may not be the best use of one hour track time

If you had two hours and more riders say ten beginners and 15 more experienced you could run 20 mins sessions for each group with all getting one hour

To try and have beginners and others on the track at the same time is a recipe for disaster

Like I said its just an opinion nothing more

Grieg

Have you not done some of the accreditation if you have though I can't answer for PMcD I would suggest that would be fine it is his session

Regarding experience and gaining more that would be the club sessions and the club coaches job

As I said its only my opinion it's entirely up to PMcD who gets the nod or not

• 2023 Subscriptions

My intention was twofold,

1) to prove out booking process and see what was possible

2) to get a group of 15 similar ability who have track experience to make the most of one hour

Status is,

9 expressed interest. 8 who have already or will have significant track experience. Jann - your suggestion is fine by me but as long as it is only you otherwise they might get a bit sticky.

Could do with an indication from big Al and Alan McL - only other two I can think of who have yet to reply.

Therefore I propose to mention to some other people I know tonight to see if they might want to use up 5 or 6 slots.

Max numbers for one coach is 15. Don't know yet whether a coach can also participate. If not then we hire one so Billy can take part (and we can gang up on him to make sure he disny win any sprint !!)

cheers

• 2024 Subscriptions

Can anyone help me out regarding the track league next week please? Basically, I need someone to take my bike for me and give me a lift home. I'm in a meeting in Uddingston until about 4.30 and plan on getting the train to Dalmarnock and walking to the track. I would deliver the bike to you on Tuesday evening or whenever it is convenient.

Thanks

Darryl

• 2024 Subscriptions

It was another good night with Iain Cowden and Iain Coutie, Paul, Billy, Charlie, Alan and me. I think everyone acquitted themselves well, again.Notable performances were:

Billy for gaining another impressive sprint. Clappers

Charlie for hanging in there. Ohyadancer!

Alan for getting a gap The bloke's not well...

Iain Couttie for a good showing first time out. Clappers

Iain Cowden for looking cool and elegant in his special gloves 8-)

Paul for a superb 4th in the B devil. icon_bounce_3

I was getting my arse kicked by the very fast juniors :smash

Oh, that's everybody then

I

• 2023 Subscriptions

7 JW plus 4 Jets too.

Found some results via facebook. Lewis nabbed 2nd in the points and devil in the new combined D, W and Youth A cat. Danny got 3rd in his scratch and 2nd in the points. Katie did well in her first track league and Alana achieved her goal for the night, fnishing in the bunch. Good work all round.

• 1 month later...