Track League

Darryl Gunson

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Those blinking cyclists are everywhere.

I can see my new steed being an expensive clothes horse as entry after entry gets dinged.

Time to form a Friday night league!

A few wheelers making there debut at the track last night

Me Daryl Al Iain all made a decent attempt at track racing none of us won any races or got placed I think myself and Daryl got some points in the sprint race and Al put in a fair effort in the devil

What I found hard was remembering which side of the track your on and where you are in the race enjoyable apart from falling off in my defence it was due to all slowing down due to a crash at the front all slowed down and I was stuck on the bank with the only outcome being coming down

Nice coulpe of burns and ripped assoss shorts

• Members

Fair play, gents. The first time's always the hardest and it sounds very much like the general standard of riding wasn't all it should have been. I also hear that Billy channelled the spirit of Lasse Norman Hansen, restarting the devil after being on the deck when other victims of the crash chose to walk away.

What I found hard was remembering which side of the track your on and where you are in the race.

There's not much in the way of landmarks in there, so you have to train your brain to look for the white finishing line every lap. Part of the beauty of Meadowbank is the headwind in the back straight to remind you where you are!

Well done to all you guys putting the effort in.

I thought Alan's elimination from the devil was a bit controversial at the time as it looked as though the rider with the French looking jersey was behind him. Of course the big man, oblivious to the decision, went straight to the front and battered round for the next five laps enjoying all the friendly waves and shouts from the officials standing around the apron;-)

Also, of note was Lewis Mulholland's third place in the Devil, Darryl making the transition from road to track look easy, Billy Mac getting up after a crash and dusting himself down to take the restart, Sarah doing the same after a heftier crash and of course Mr Cowden's gloves which are a fantastic example of style as we have come to expect

• Administrators

A few wheelers making there debut at the track last night

Me Daryl Al Iain all made a decent attempt at track racing none of us won any races or got placed I think myself and Daryl got some points in the sprint race and Al put in a fair effort in the devil

What I found hard was remembering which side of the track your on and where you are in the race enjoyable apart from falling off in my defence it was due to all slowing down due to a crash at the front all slowed down and I was stuck on the bank with the only outcome being coming down

Nice coulpe of burns and ripped assoss shorts

Did someone run out with the gaffa tape and patch the track?

Guest Ross Toole

Billy, before anyone posted I was going to write how did everyone get on and I hope Billy didn't fall off! But being the bigger man (literally and metaphorically)

Love

The flying Satsuma

P.s I found it soooooo funny that u fell off!

• 2024 Subscriptions

Well done to all you guys putting the effort in.

I thought Alan's elimination from the devil was a bit controversial at the time as it looked as though the rider with the French looking jersey was behind him. Of course the big man, oblivious to the decision, went straight to the front and battered round for the next five laps enjoying all the friendly waves and shouts from the officials standing around the apron;-)

Also, of note was Lewis Mulholland's third place in the Devil, Darryl making the transition from road to track look easy, Billy Mac getting up after a crash and dusting himself down to take the restart, Sarah doing the same after a heftier crash and of course Mr Cowden's gloves which are a fantastic example of style as we have come to expect

such eloquence Ohyadancer!