Rothsay Main Bunch

al yuille

Really good fun have to say too many ups for me my mach report was as follows

Left the start line and the pace was fast but not brutal some bad riding by the bunch ment that we had some daft accelerations which was not great fun P McDs bunch caught us near the end of lap one and the pace increased was feeling goodish but too many hills lost a wheel but never managed to get back on tried to ride withe the fast guys but that didnt last long so was riding up the last hill when Iain Coutie who i thought was miles behind me came up the hill so as a gent i let him carry on up the hill and after we came down the hill we shared the work till the end well near the end as at 200m i left him to make sure i finished in front of him.

Apart for all the 30 milers the other ride of the day must be Ross

Any 30 milers want to swap Mark and Charlie we will pay you if you take them name your price Oh ya dancer !

Well done Paul McD great effort

Really enjoyed my first race experience!

Firstly sorry to Charlie for not doing my domestique duties, fixing his Tyre and pulling him back! Also thanks to Paul for organising the groups!

Second biggest highlight was Andy surprised/shocked/joyous reaction of putting his chain on going uphill and not losing a finger. Biggest highlight was beating Billy William!

Low points were getting pinged off the back going downhill??? Having my annual intake of cow poop! Being so tired that I thought that I was seeing things like a field full of llamas!

Thanks to mark for top and making me feel like one of the team, washed and ready to return on Tuesday? Greig should of joined u in pub after!

Ross

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great ride today by many in jwcc, just doing it in the howling wind and rain was a challenge in itself.

There were 4 groups and group 2 was almost a jwcc ride with about 7 or 8 in blue and yellow.

Group 3 also had 4 jwcc and we caught group 2 before the turn, I duly 'encouraged', some might describe it otherwise, everyone to work in an effort to make the scratch group have to work and possibly splinter.

This is what happend with only about 4 from the scratch catching us just after the turn. We picked up the rest of the race on the run back and 2 clipped off with about 7 miles to go. Over the last drag a group of 8 formed and rode in 1 min behind the leading duo. I finished 5th in group, 7th overall. Got first in category :grin:

Yes, great ride by Ross who was beside me shortly before the last climb and has a natural instinct for positioning. Also dark horse big Al who was in the lead group further into the finale.

Looking forward to a break now, ie still ride bike but not have to stress about racing or getting ready to do it all again next year :grin:

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Billy for trying to offload me . Despite another dnf at least this time it was a puncture when I was at front end of bunch. Actually felt great and was very comfy with our pace so after the season I have had that is enough of a plus to get me thru the winter. Well done to the 30 milers you were all giving it a good dig when u passed me. As for you ross you clearly need a refresher course on your domestique duties

Main Bunch can't wait until January to transfer me on a Bosman, 30 Milers don't want me and the intermediates won't answer the phone. I'm off to the Couriers - I'm a stranger to them!!!!

Rubbish is the best word to describe yesterday, but not at all surprising. Note to self for 2013 - don't let MacBagel et al talk me into racing when I know I'm not fit and unable to ride a bike as I should. Shouldn't have ridden yesterday still feeling!!!! the effects of my spill. Very frustrating and a little concerning that I am taking what seems like ages to mend. When Billy Mac is going past me on a hill then the normal order of things is not right. Bit of a rest and proper recouperation required me thinks.

I'll be back for more next year once the UCI approved stabilizers arrive through the post.

Joking aside, was good to see the Main Bunch reserves turning out in force for the Novice race. Good for you guys and gals. Also good to see more of the main bunch regulars on the sart line. From comment made by one or two officials on the day the Joansin are fast becoming a fixture at the Bute weekend. Well done all.

M

Some good some bad for me. Was pleased that I held on to the pace of the first group until the ladies from pedal power (who we had caught) used our wheels to launch a massive attack on the hill at the halfway point. My head said go with it but my legs cried no way ! Struggled into the headwind around Ettrick bay to be picked up by the second group but just couldn't get on to a wheel and got dropped about 30 miles in. Cramp in right leg then left meant I had no choice but to slow down. Worked with Davie B for a bit and made my way back. Well done to all Johnstone.