Crit champs review

Alan McLean

• Committee

Well, what a show!

Kenny was cool as cucumber sorting out everything from timing chips to marshalling to nasty crashes to ensure the event ran smoothly, safely and to time.

It was great to hear his reassuring voice on the radio.

Well done mate!

Also a massive thank you to club coach Martin who got the youngsters into full race mode and supported their race preparation.

Get some rest chaps.

Regards

Alan

Another cracking event guys. Organisation was first class and the races seemed to go like clockwork. I think this event sets a standard that others would do well to match. Very professional and a fantastic advert for Cycling. Even got the Provost out on a Sunday! Enjoyed the day out as an interested spectator.

Well done Kenny and entire team.

I think I should start with the positives

I got there on time , with bike there it ends

Had a flat before the start which I repaired warmed up came to the start feeling good had been doing power intervals as training for the race started the warm up laps decided just to spin my pedals on the 2nd warm up lap with the plan to position myself near the front prior to start

Oops that failed started last but one pace was fine followed a few wheels unroll the chain I was on broke then it was on my own caught a few but they were not fast enough ended up as a two trying to stay away which failed

Really disappointed with my performance worked hard in training for poor positioning to make my race pathetic

Will be back next year with a far more aggressive attitude

Grieg did well other than medical withdrawals the blue and yellow were not overly represented wich is disappointing