Sun 27 Bunch Ride loch katrine

Guest EPCC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Guys,

Are you all aware that the Robert Miller sportive is up and around that area tomorrow?

Have a good one.

R

Ugh. Cheers, Ramsay. I didn't know that. The long Robert Millar route goes right round Loch Katrine.

I'm not keen on sharing road space with hundreds. I'll go with whatever the majority decide. If we need an alternative route, how about the bridge, Arrochar, the Rest, Hell's Glen, Strachur, Dunoon, home? Or alternatively: bridge, Helensbugh, up Loch Long, Glen Douglas, up Loch Lomond-side to Arrochar, back down Loch Long, then over Glen Fruin towards Balloch.

What say you, folks?

Guest EPCC

Great weather big bunch bailed out at aberfoil then me Daryl Andrew had a brisk run home all in 85 miles

Club champs Tuesday so hope to see you all then

• 2023 Subscriptions
Great weather big bunch bailed out at aberfoil then me Daryl Andrew had a brisk run home all in 85 miles

Club champs Tuesday so hope to see you all then

The trust is that Billy and Darryl dragged my sorry ass back to Old Kilpatrick where I cut myself lose to nurse a painful back. Thanks guys: esprit de corps! Still made it home to win a festival of brownie points!

Club championships?!??! I'll need to check this out!

Andy Hello, beer !!

Loch KAtrine was looking magnificent in the sun today.

A lovely run and a long haul back to LW - 121 miles at ave 16.5 - no bad for a grandad! - (third grandchild born on Friday).

Only incident for me was the cow that panicked and jumped over the fence 15 ft in front of me as I was coming down the pipetrack descent at 30 mph. Missed it by a few feet!!

Got home and jumped into the grandweans paddling pool to cool off!

I am like a big big red thing.

I have red stripes on my baldy napper from where

My helmet vents were.

105 miles for me from a very very long day in the saddle.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Wow! This is a stunningly beautiful country!! One of the most beautiful rides I have ever had over many European countries. I have always maintained that there is nothing wrong with Scotland that a good roof could not fix!!

I digress.... I have just been handed the ultimate recovery shake - Coke float, coffee ice cream with a generous shot of Glenmorangie La Santa. I am bottling it for Thursday's chaingang. Awesome!!!

As I was saying , what a day. I had a puncture about 15 miles from home - Al thanks for waiting. Only when we stopped did we realise just how warm it was!! I am showing an average of 25ºC from 08:30 on the Garmin.

Club championships on Tuesday? Hmmn, sounds interesting. Must investigate too.

Thanks Guys for a great day au velo!

Tom