Sun 27 Bunch Ride loch katrine

Guest EPCC

Yeah a great day out with a big bunch and 2 cafe stops. We kept it together fairly well I thought. Tom, my apologies. Nobody gave a shout. I did realise you were missing at Bowling and the bridge crossers did wait for a while before heading off. I didnt have your number but, pleading my defense , I put the bike in the car (at the bridge ) keeping a lookout for you and drove back as far as the Helesburgh turn and didn't see the pair of you.

Wouldn't be the same if we all got back together !

Glasgow boys - a cheerio at the bridge would be nice :-o

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Life Members

Totally magic run yesterday!

Apologies to Tom for not noticing your mechanical mishap, we were trying to follow Richard's wheels (who was totally flying even towards the end) as we were heading back to the Westend of Glasgow together.

Sorry to Al too, but we did say goodbye but probably not loud enough. :grin:

About 110 miles for me by the time I got back to Glasgow where I spectacularly bonked.

I rolled into the nearest McDonald drive-through counter where the girl refused to served me on the grounds of not being in a car but a bike. So, had to go into the front like everybody else, never enjoyed a Mac so much in my life! :lol:

Here's a link to some photos of yesterdays run round Loch Katrine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55693145@N ... 932228488/

Long may this great weather continuous.

Cheers

• Members

So did Tom puncture before the bridge? :oops: I had no idea. Sorry, Tom.

Glasgow boys - a cheerio at the bridge would be nice :-o

I gave a shout and a wave as we got to the turn-off for the bridge. I'll make sure I stop for hugs next time. ;-):-P

Seriously, though, that was a great (albeit long) day in the saddle. There were more Johnstone Wheelers out yesterday than people doing the Robert Millar ride! I do hope the paying punters got to see the far west end of Loch Katrine because the views were amazing with the sunshine and clear skies.

Al hit the nail on the head - we kept it together pretty well on the way back, to the credit of everyone. Well done for digging in if you were tired. And if you had plenty left in your legs, thanks for being so patient.