Millport Road Race: Sunday 3rd June.

Jannza

• 2023 Subscriptions

Is Mark, Davie, George or Billy joining us in morning?

Or anyone else?

New guy who is a crossover from rowing meeting me at lochwinnoch loch entrance 11.15am. Can I hook up with youse at loch entrance 11.20 am please.

Ta

Oh ya dancer !

• Committee

Right. I am out the door to Ayr for triathlon. Good luck to all in the cumbrae adventure. Very sorry not to be joining in.

Hang on like grim death up the hill, and then, on Paul's command, unleash the hounds! Oh ya dancer !

I hope everyone has good sensations.

Also good luck to the Jets in the morning TT.

Looks like Cumbrae will once again be swamped in blue and yellow.

Alan

I'm typing this while sat on the ferry, in the huff.

Got over the hill the 2nd time & wasn't toiling that much, only for my chain to jam on the descent .

Would I have held on on the 3rd ascent? Probably not.

Love riding my bike but it's a frustration at times. Ho hum, bah etc.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another fine day on Millport.

Result of the day Billy getting 4th in the O50, and Charlie getting 6th, mucho congrats. Billy romped the sprint by all accounts.

Davie and I did the O40 where Davie hung tough as always till 5th time up climb, I hung on for the bunch kick which was for 3rd place as 2 guys up the road who we are never going to catch, and finished 5th overall getting 3rd in a vigourous sprint.

Results

O50

Davie Gibson

Andy Wilson

Derek McMillan

Billy mcdonald :grin:

A n other

Charlie mccusker :grin:

O40

Jim Cusick

Iain grant

John Craig

Trevor Wilson

Paul mcdonald :grin:

Craig Gilmour

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Really enjoyed the race today. Nice to be in the bunch till the end. Did not appreciate that there had been a mini break on lap 3 and thought on the last lap we were racing for the podium. We had a bunch of about 10 including 3 Joansin billy al and me. On the last lap just past the ferry the Pace quickened up and the group was getting stretched then the bold billy went to the front and every one was happy to sit on his wheel I thought he was committing racing suicide and within the last mIle a few of us Past him and I thought his race was done. I was on ALS wheel and he was doing a fantastic job as my domestIque till we ran out of racers in front of us then at the bend we saw a green flag. I had no idea of the significance of this ( later told should be yellow and signifies 200 metres to go ) anyway a dooleys guy makes a break and then I hear just behind me billy shouting close the gap. He did and took the sprint and I had to settle for third but no complaints as billy was The most combatative rider On the day. Finally as we crossed the line billy collided with a young cyclist and was thrown into he air and crashed with a bang . Alright though a few bruises and road rash. I thi k he was trying to do a victory wave

Got a few scalps from cat 4 circuit so happy

Guest EPCC

Great fun today with all the johnstone flying the flag big all was fantastic as a super domestic.keeping the pace on the hills in fact I think he could have finished top 6 if he wanted

Spent ten mins trying to get my fat arse into the bath hell road rash stings

Strange day felt ify raced ok Thursday nights are working as I felt I had another bit left on the Sprint if required

Red wine time to kill the pain however the joy of getting. An equalizer in the series with Mr c is nearly worth it

Had a plan in my head to start near the front so that I would avoid the

early pace as I lost touch after a mile last year so I was extremely surprised

to find myself well off the front with a couple of other guys . However they were not keen

to give me their wheel and didn't want to work so I ended up doing far too

much work early on as they just sat up. Was then in wrong place

at start of first climb of hill so - day over however I still managed objective which

was to stay in touch for at least the first part of the race well done to Paul Billy and

Charlie hope the rash clears soon Billy. Thanks Bill for encouragement at start

and to all joansin

Colin :icon_bounce_hearts:icon_mooning

Yes indeed a strong showing by the mighty Joansin' and brillant performance by Billy who took the sprint in mighty impressive fashion. Followed by a quite spectacular somersault after crossing the line - hope you are not too sore today!

As for me, legs shredded by being battered by the wind along the coast before the fifth time up the climb, it was pretty much singled out and no shelter so struggling to hold the wheel even at relatively pedestrian pace. A lessen learned as it would have been better to go through on the echelon type paceline rather than loiter at the back - the hill (the first part at least) actually came as a relief.

Great day and good to see so much blue and yellow in both the RR and TT.

D