RELIABILITY 4 WESTKILBRIDE 26TH FEB

Guest EPCC

THESE RUNS ARE FOR ALL MEMBERS ALL STARTING AND FINISHING AT MILLER ST

THEY CONSIST OF THREE GROUPS STARTING AT DIFFERENT TIMES

WEST KILBRIDE 70 MILES

AFTER RUN BACK TO CLUB ROOMS FOR SOME TEA COFFE SOUP AND CHAT

POST IF YOU ARE ATTENDING AND IF YOU CAN PROVIDE SOUP

PS SOMEBODY POST A LINK TO THE ROUTE

PSPS THOSE WHO WANT A MORE LEISURELY RUN START AT 0900 THOSE WHO WANT MORE PACE 0945

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2024 Subscriptions

I'm not really bothered about the time. Still, we have not caught them yet! Giving 30mins away to a bunch is tantamount to a 18-20 mile start!

Anyway, just so we know, the route for Sunday isn't as flat as people think. As you can see from this it has a few lumps in it :smash

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/14021498

See you all on Sunday Oh ya dancer !

How many for the 09.00 bunch missed last weeks due to a combination of sickness for me and weather for Elaine hopefully our biggest bunch yet the main bunch wont pedal past the BB temptation will be too much so we have a wee chance of staying out in front :grin: and i'm pretty sure they will be dreaming of their xmas night out for 2010 Ya-a-aawwnnn so lets have a big 30 miler bunch out this week

greig

Greig,

The 2010 xmas night out is this Friday (see appropriate thread). The 10 bells bunch will therefore be suitably fed and watered before Sunday - vegan curry and diet mineral water all round. Rolling feed station with musettes at the BB! superb thinking young man. Looking forward to seeing a stupendously large 9 o'clock bunch out on Sunday.

Marko

• 2023 Subscriptions

Can't believe the 10am group have not once caught the earlier groups this year! What's going on! I though most of you guys are in training. :-P:lol:

Myself and Jim caught the 09:30 group a few years ago on the first (shortest) reliability. (I was broken after it though!)

So, come on guys, a bit of effort this week! :icon_mooning:icon_mooning

Have fun. :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm game for the 9 o'clock start.

Not been out with the club for a while due to a combination of other commitments and adverse weather, but it looks OK for Sunday at the moment.

70 miles sounds a long way for the 30 milers, but with determination and teamwork we might make it!

Graham.

I'll be there as per. Sharp at 10 bells. Might have to revert to new bike -no wheels yet!! I will tender my apologies for the lack of muddies in advance.

Last chance to ride down the other groups that's assuming they turn up and actually do the full run!!! A lot of stuff and bluster emanating from certain individuals who, for the interests of justice, shall remain nameless - you know who you are :rockets

M

• 2024 Subscriptions

Mark

Are the new wheels not compatible with your Giant? You might need to change the cassette if its 9 speed, but it will save you having to use the new bike in the crap weather, not to mention everyone else from getting a face full of spray :grin:

See you Sunday

Mark

Are the new wheels not compatible with your Giant? You might need to change the cassette if its 9 speed, but it will save you having to use the new bike in the crap weather, not to mention everyone else from getting a face full of spray :grin:

See you Sunday

Well said that man ....the engagement of the brain prior to posting is a rare occurance round these parts.

Mark - makes sense, if you need to change casette I have chain whip (for bike use only!) and lock nut tool if your tool box doesn't extend to these.

Cheers,

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes for the 'sharp 10am' bunch. I propose a heads down, a..e up, single line approach to the full route as we cannot have a full reliability season with the scratch group not catching.

Oh ya dancer !

Mark - with this talk of wheels I just have to mention I got a pair of Dura Ace clinchers, they may never leave the glass case on my mantle piece....