Sunday 15th Jan 09:00 - Troon?

Paul C

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mark

Have you decided if doing Troon or coast. To be -2 overnight with a high of 3 and a BIG ORANGE SUN. if icy in morning would it not be better to avoid miller st ( as minor roads will not have been treated ) and meet at

morrisons. Your call

Yours in health & safety

Charlie

Charlie et al,

I'm alive to this one. Looked ok this morning with a similar forecast for last night. The mist this morning appears to have kept surfaces ice free. My thoughts are if it is particularly icy then another foray down/up the coast. If roads are fine then the route as posted with minor tweak to stay off rural roads over the Bowfield (possibly A373 to Beith then turn for Lugton).

No probs with meeting at Morrisons. In fact to avoid confusion let's just make that call now. Official meet up is at Morrison 09.00 regardless of ice/no ice. Will confirm route by consensus based on conditions and road reports.

See you all tomorow

M

Hello,

Was going to take the car to Johnstone tomo, does anyone know if there is a time limit for parking in the supermarket car park ??? I know some will fine you £60 if you park for longer than a couple of hours. Not really wanting to risk that.

Cheers Jonathan

Guys,

Many thanks for the help today it was a pleasure being out there with you. I'd be lying if I siad I was not hurting a little now. Missus has promised a back massage tonight so every cloud does have a silver lining!! I will not be able to make it next weekend as I am flying to Plymouth on Sunday afternoon but hope to rejoin the group on 29th. Thanks once again I thoroughly enjoyed it especially the Venice Cafe.

:icon_yes

Hello everyone,

Can I firstly apologise for my thoroughly embarrassing display today and also for holding you guys up at points. Believe it or not I did enjoy parts of the cycle today and now I'm struggling to move, and the stairs in the house are looking quite painful to negotiate.

Anyway thanks again to everyone for putting up with me and all the advice that I was given today. Need to keep getting out on the bike and now I know what I'm aiming for.

Jody

Joddy

We all felt like that at the start it gets better but never easier you just push harder somewhere else so don't worry

Reliability rides are coming up in February which should have three groups 0900 0930 and the fast group 1000

The groups are based on pace and the rides start with about 40 miles up to 65 for the last one evaluate where you are after these

I wasn't out today but it sounds if you might be suited to 0930 group and not the 1000

Like I said everybody on the run today will have been in the same place I know I was so park it and move on to your next ride

Joddy? Jodie I think. You got further than I did on my 1st club run. Just keep at it. Now for more important matters- I am RAGING at toad 1 (charlie) and toad 2 (andy) for covertly sneaking off the front at lochwinnoch. You are a despicable pair of despicables. I went all out to catch u but just couldn't close the sneaky gap you stole. THIS IS NOT OVER. You don't mess with the Hincapies, especially the Paisley branch! Expect all sorts of black arts next week as I seek revenge like jean claude van damme does when his twin gets set about. THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL!!!! Grrrr Grrr.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Silly of me to drive over to Johnstone this morning without all the necessary tools Stoooopid!:oops:

I headed back to Bishopton and set off down the coast on my lonesome, took my usual seat in the Bagel Basket only to be lambasted as to why there were not another dozen hungry lycra clads on tow, so you guys have questions to answer on your return, the only one to escape the wrath will be Chung, as his pre-prepared bacon roll never went to waste :icon_yes

McGinty

Charlie I bow to your more judicious gear selection for the 30 at the top of a hill into Dunlop. Didn't even break tempo once you went off the front. You might be training like the Mac one promise you won't start sounding like him. Billy Mac in stereo - how utterly vulgar. it should, however, be noted I did give you a fighting chance of 300 metres into Stewarton where universal parity was duly restore.

Looking far more comfy on the vertical bits Charlie than his coachness it has to be said.

Matt, did well sir. Fitted seamlessly to the bunch. Once you find your mileage legs you'll be fine. Doesn't really get easier you just get quick.

Jody, an effort to be proud of not embarrassed about. You got out there and gave it a go which is more than other people ever will. Would echo George's words. I remember Paul C having to wait for me on the Haylie Brae of all places before towing me home a very short 12 months ago. Get in the intermediate bunch get some regular miles and we'll see you again out in the main bunch before the summer.

Another fine day out with the Hincapie express refusing to let the average mph drop off.

Till next week

Skinny yin lung

'Mon the skinnies

• 2023 Subscriptions

Crikey! Oh my god!

Freezing my nuts off 65 kilometres doing an impression of a cyclist's version of "Finding Nemo"!

Moral if the story (multiple choice)?

A) never give up

B) give up

C) read the forum

See you Sunday!!!

Andy

Mark I ne lung

Just for your information I have periodisied my training year subdivided the periods into macro cycles further synthesized the macros to mezzo cycles further defined the mezzo and designed individual bricks researched the last 50 years of grand tour winners data and averaged there power to watts ratio and came up with the plan that I can't be arsed with the hills yet

FYI

Hill repeats in two blocks time

:icon_mooning

Good luck with that William. I am the proud owner of a bachelor of science and, while you are to be commended on your organisational traits, I failed to make head nor tail of your inane ramblings on macro and mezzo cycles, or designer synthesized bricks (sounds like something Dr Ferrari concocted to me). I did however note there is no mention of mirco cycles and your "mezzo" cycles strike me as half measures - perhaps a fundamental, or God (other deities are available) forbid potentially fatal, flaw in your scheme.

Slice it and dice it any way you wish, but Mr McCusker is doing the business on the vertical bits. Looking forward to watching your sufferfest in 2 blocks time, assuming you can be so troubled. WA HA HA (Charles, an as yet unidentified internet cycle accessory retailer is doing great reductions on rear view mirrors, shall I order you a pair?)

Yin Lung

'mon the skinnies

Billy, I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure pakora isn't a dietary supplement endorsed by andy schleck. You may have to refrain if u are to defeat your nemesis, Chas. That said I will do all I can to help in this endeavour. I invite you to join my splinter club- "Velo Club Lardy" as we do battle against the size zeros. Mon the chunksters!