Hartside Hill Climb

Phil Malcolm

Just seen that Jan! I would love to ride, but I'm travelling down to Cumbria on the Saturday.

I'm getting the feeling somebody doesn't want me to ride on Sunday. Got a cold on monday, crashed yesterday morning, snapped my mech hanger last night, all the trains into Glasgow (to get my train to Cumbria) are cancelled at the weekend!

Hmmm Tempting Alan... could I build on my stunning 92nd place at the 2007 champs (I did beat Michael Hutchison though)? Am I even eligable to ride, being English?

Anyway, what date is it and where is it? Will see what the boss says.

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I said last night that I'd worked damn hard for this and if I went under 21 mins and got top 10 I'd be made up. I missed 10th by 0.7 seconds, so I'll take that as "near as damn it!"

• 2023 Subscriptions

Phil,

The course that Alan's talking about is the hill that you, me, Ben and Mark-O done a few months back, went down to Largs via the Brisbane Glen road from Greenock, then about 5 miles beyond Largs on the coast road we took a left went under a railway bridge and on to the climb that took us back over to Dalry... Its being hosted by Ayr Road CC, and you can find a video of one of their guys doing the climb.. http://www.ayrroadscc.com/

Ian...