Westferry 10 TT - League No.7 - Tuesday 16th August

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fergus,

Would be good to see you.

All confined events are £3, which goes towards paying for prizes, trophy engraving and for the club to pay for "event" insurance. The committee are hoping to put up a post to remind everyone what trophies are up for grabs every year, how to go about winning them and any history behind them, but at present we haven't quite managed yet. :oops: There is a bit of dark art about the points scoring on some of the events and there are a lot of categories, so will hopefully have something in place for the beginning of next year's confined events. :shock:

Cheers,

R

Hi Folks,

Once again, no TT for me tonight. My bad back was aggrivated by a slip and fall on cobbles last week. I've turned into a doddery old man who now needs to see a chiropractor. (Can anyone recommend me a decent/reasonable one?)

I can ride a bike ok but just not in aero mode. I may come down tonight to watch/assist.

Regards, Ben.

Ben,

Sorry to hear about your back. I dont know of any chiropractors but a couple of years ago I had a really bad back through weights training for swimming and received physio at hampden. There are really helpful and should be able to sort your back out. Obviously there are loads that should be able to help you but I can only vouch for them being the best through my experiences with physios. Heres a link to their page.

http://www.sportsmedicinecentre.org/

Matt

Ben,

I have had back problems since my late teens and am now 60. For a number of years when it acted up I have went to see my chiropractor whom has helped tremendously.

Her name is Carol Mitchell and her clinic is,

Paisley Natural Therapy Centre

76A Causeyside Street

Paisley PA1 1YP

0141 889 8416

First session is £34.00 and £30.00 for any further visits.

Hope this maybe of some help. Regards, Alan Vint

• Administrators

Results on a rather chilly, windy evening.

Ian Couttie 28.25.53 PB

Colin 27.00.25

Fergus 26.15.26 PB

David T 25.35.81

Mark 25.12.84

Matt 25.03.84

Mike 24.56.68

Andy 24.43.96

Iain C 24.17.27

Kenny C 23.24.91

Ramsay 23.05.53

£33 to be paid into club account tomorrow.

Well done all on ploughing through the westferry wind tonight.

Alan and Matt, thankyou for the recommendations, appreciated.

Billy, you are quite right. I have gone soft recently and i know the cause. I felt different immediately after shaving my legs for the first time. A distinct loss of mojo like a cycling Samson.

The streets of Maryhill now seem a whole lot more dangerous when i walk to Asda in my shorts. People are confused by this big man with a hairy face but smooth legs.

Ben,

I feel your pain man :oops:

Been out since April when my back locked up completely and I was in severe pain resulting in 4 weeks off work as well.

Maybe a bit far out of your way but I use:

Bridge of Weir Chiropractic Clinic

Castle Terrace

Bridge of Weir

Guys name is Horrace London and he is a couple of quid cheaper than the lass in Paisley (I do wonder how she copes given that after a session with me Horrace looks as if he has had a good workout :roll: )

I first went there a couple of years ago after recomendation from Kenny McDonald (none better than the honorary club president I thought). I suppose that unless you try a few out you are always going to think the guy you are seeing is the best.

Most of all don't be tempted to push it and come back too soon. There can't be that many proper objectives left for this year and you could end up extending your required time off the bike despite Mr Macs best attempts to wind you up ;-) (been there done that :roll: )

Colin Hello, beer !!