The Georgetown Cup

Geoff Smith

Hi Johnstones

I am planning to organise an inter-club challenge match on the Georgetown. It will be an individual time trial as normal but cumulative times of the fastest 8 riders from each club will count for the trophy.

I want it to be a competition between 'rank and file' members of each club so I propose to make it that only riders who have not held a national championship medal in the last 3 years are eligible to count for the team. Hopefully this will make it more competitive for ordinary club riders and make it a bit more interesting than the usual 'team prize'

The likely date is 10th September (only available date for TLI)- I hope this will suite people even if they are planning on riding the Tour of the Campsies the next day.

Could you let me know if you can support this event (particualry the date as I havent finalised that yet) and how many riders you would be able to send- I suggest 8 to count but as many riders as possible can enter- I reckon there are at least 5 or 6 clubs who could send at least 8 (JWCC, Couriers, Inverclyde, Lomond Roads, GWCC, Nightingale, St Christophers.....) I will restrict it to WOSCA clubs.

Let me know your thoughts.

thanks

Geoff

Glasgow Couriers.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Right then chaps, who's in for this? I have checked and can make it. I'll be doing the Tour of the Campsies the next day, so the Georgetown is a perfect leg loosener.

So far I make it Andy, Ian McG, Ben and myself. We need four more and possibly a reserve.

Cheers,

R :grin:

Ah, Stuart! A blast from the past. It'd be great to see you there. As I understand it, its an individual event. You compete against the clock solo but the combined fastest times of your 'team/club' count.

Incidentally I don't think that the numbers are limited to eight per club. I think there is provision for as many as you like to enter.

Hope to see you out soon big chap. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...