sat/sun

Darryl Gunson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richie,

no worries re Sunday morning, 8.30 suits me. That said weather forecast looks positively evil for Sat and Sun - wide spread snow and rain likely. If there's snow on the ground or battering down on Sunday I think I give it a miss. I'll txt if calling off.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl

i have not given up on run. forecast is for heavy rain thru the night which will clear the snow then it is to be drizzle by 6am. by 9am it will be positively balmy. Not had a good week for training so need to get out. Come on i have seen worse lets go for it

Charlie

Hoping like Charlie that rain washes snow away as also can do with miles.

I was out for 3 hours first thing this morning came back with 1" of snow on helmet. Snow was very localised at some points black roads, then within a mile or so they where white. Headed towards city but doubled back at Renfrew due to conditions, white at Port Glasgow but clear in Greenock so ventured past house down coast only got to Inverkip before white again so turned for home.

Why can't Flanders be in the summer?

James

p.s. clear if wet here at mo.

If you are all weather bound tomorrow here's a two hour session which should keep you warm 1 minute flat out seated Sprint 4 minutes easy at 900 rpm 6 sets 15 recovery 4 times 5 minutes steady effort zone 4 5 minutes recovery finish with 15 minutes zone 2 easy 100 cadence add in 10 minutes warm up and a warm down should get you to 2 hours and save you from troy It's a good set with loud music I will be doing it in the pure gym Edinburgh so enjoy

Just watched the weather forecast, looks promising enough providing the overnight rain shifts the snow that fell today. Absolutely fine in bottom of Greenock so i'm thinking at worst that coast run might be ok. If it's ok here in morning i plan to cycle up towards clubrooms for 9.

• Committee

Just been up the back of the village and can confirm that the wee roads above 100m around here are unridable, unless there is a massive thaw, but it is still 0 deg here.

Low coast run should be fine. I'll try to see you at clubrooms at 0900 but will have to ride on slushy road through bow to get there.

Please let me know if there is a definite bunch coming through the Port. I'd rather meet you there instead.

A

Weather forecast looking positive for tomorrow. Hopefully overnight will clear snow. Intend to be at clubrooms for 9.30 bunch run with the aim to head for Troon, but happy to go with flow on actual route for the day. Richie, if track clear I'll meet you at 8.30 as planned. If snow bound will take main road, we can meet at Tesco same time.