Sunday 16th

Guest EPCC

How about a run over to the darkside thinking 0915 clubroom erskine crow road bail out at the bottom of the crow those wanting miles continue tak me home or down and back to miller street with or without a langbank loop

As usual open to any suggestions but you must be sick of largs by now I even went to work today rather than largs

Only 12 weeks to go :icon_yes

Billy,

Mileage for this route should be around 85 from Miller Street (maybe slightly more if you return over Sinclair Street instead of taking the coast road back) The main part of the run to and from Faslane was my regular commute while I was working there (50 miles) and a run around Kilcreggan was a midweek blast after work that was about 24 miles if I drove in with the bike in the car.

I would suggest Kenny has it right in that the "big" hills should be left alone for now. For those doing Flanders I would expect that more time spent in the saddle is the important thing as you won't be too shy of 10 hours in the saddle (that's a lot in anybody's book!!!!!!). In fact if you break the 10 hours I will donate £50 to a charity of your choice ;-) (BTW St Mirren does not count in my book as a valid charity :roll: )

Might make it out on Sunday but working Saturday so brownie points required :madashell .

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2024 Subscriptions
Billy,

Mileage for this route should be around 85 from Miller Street (maybe slightly more if you return over Sinclair Street instead of taking the coast road back) The main part of the run to and from Faslane was my regular commute while I was working there (50 miles) and a run around Kilcreggan was a midweek blast after work that was about 24 miles if I drove in with the bike in the car.

I would suggest Kenny has it right in that the "big" hills should be left alone for now. For those doing Flanders I would expect that more time spent in the saddle is the important thing as you won't be too shy of 10 hours in the saddle (that's a lot in anybody's book!!!!!!). In fact if you break the 10 hours I will donate £50 to a charity of your choice ;-) (BTW St Mirren does not count in my book as a valid charity :roll: )

Might make it out on Sunday but working Saturday so brownie points required :madashell .

Colin Hello, beer !!

Agree with Colin's and Kenny's post. Big hills are far too hard at this time of year. Also, we have yet to progress to the full coast run. This is ideal training for Flanders and racing. Once we can manage this, then we can start adding hills.

Just my opinion...

Billy, the coast run goes to Kilwinning and then up the Barrhead road.

Mmmm......I can think of one or 2 more "interesting" variations after Kilwinning when the time comes.

Agree long and steady is the way to go at this time of year and should be OK for Sunday.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions
Martin,

I am doing the shorter run.

Not fit enough at the moment for the long haul.

I will be at Morrisons meeting point.

According to forecast it is goind to be wet and windy.

We will be heading back against the SW wind.

PC

As long as you've got decent mudguards so I can sit on your wheel Paul!

:lol: